Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people may read this and think I'm a little slow, but I have no clue...Currently I have Borla cat-back installed, Arrington 85mm TB and CAI installed, but no clue when I should take it to the shop and have them tune the car...Any advice would be helpful, thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Prolly wait till you get a few more things, something to make that Tb worth while, some headers and mids. As you are right now theres really nothing to tune. Are you auto or manual? Have a predator?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Well, my friends bone stock R/T auto picked up over 20hp and 20tq at the wheels with a custom tune. He was in the 12's with just a tune and nothing else. I think it was like a 12.8 @ 107 I believe. Fully loaded 2010 R/T Classic. A custom tune is helpfull no matter what. Only problem is once you do something else to the car you will need another tune.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I had heard, but I wasn't sure...I guess I will wait until I get a set of headers and mid pipes on until I take it to get tuned...Thanks for the help

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yeah man definitely wait to get a few more things, with what you already got you'll do nice with a predator canned tune. To me a custom tune is just more worth it when you have more parts in there to get more gains.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Yeah man definitely wait to get a few more things, with what you already got you'll do nice with a predator canned tune. To me a custom tune is just more worth it when you have more parts in there to get more gains.
So, do you think it would be worth it to buy a Predator and use a canned tune if I don't plan any more mods?
Also, will the tune void the warranty?
Thanks all

·
Registered
864 Posts
So, do you think it would be worth it to buy a Predator and use a canned tune if I don't plan any more mods?
Also, will the tune void the warranty?
Thanks all
I think it is. As far as the warranty, so many folks have said so much about it, I think its really up to your dealer, some are cool and some arent. Personally I do all my own work so I havent been to the dealer since I bought the car. But even so its easier than Tara Reid to uninstall a tune before you take it in for service.:bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
I think it is. As far as the warranty, so many folks have said so much about it, I think its really up to your dealer, some are cool and some arent. Personally I do all my own work so I havent been to the dealer since I bought the car. But even so its easier than Tara Reid to uninstall a tune before you take it in for service.:bigthumb:
Well I know how easy it is to take the tune out with the Predator. That being the case...who is this Tara Reid girl and how do I get her number?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I know some people may read this and think I'm a little slow, but I have no clue...Currently I have Borla cat-back installed, Arrington 85mm TB and CAI installed, but no clue when I should take it to the shop and have them tune the car...Any advice would be helpful, thanks

There are slight varriances with each car, and any mod can tweak that some. The DiabloSport tunes are good for cai, throttle body, and cat back, or any combination.

Headers, cats, heads, forced induction, camshaft, or bore/stroke requires custome tuning.

If you want your car fully optimized a custome tune is required. The net result may only be 5hp, though, maybe 3. Depends on how much you are willing to spend, and what you want out of it.

If you plan on more mods a fully optimized dyno tune is only valid for the parts you have on the car. Any change requires another fully optimized dyno tune.

If you install a wideband O2 you can see your a/f and adjust to 12.5:1 which is where DiabloSport tunes the R/T at redline.

One thing the stock O2 will tune any of these mods at all throttle positions, except full throttle / WOT, so tuning is at wot only.

For example, I have cat back, high flow filter, and DiabloSport 93 tune. I add +5% fuel to get the a/f ratio back to 12.5:1 at WOT, when I got to the dealership I put the stock tune back in the car. This is ONLY lean when I am in the floor at WOT, so I can simply drive it to the dealership and if I keep it from in the floor Im ok, and tuning is just fine. I dont however have the advanced spark for the 93 octane in the tank, but short term use of 4 octane over tune wont hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts