Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How soon do you think ordering will open up? and do you think the Rebates will be in place like they are and were for the 2013s and 2014s. The Norm of 2k-3k.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Don't think the rebates will be there from the start as they have to deplete the 2013 and 2014 cars first.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This link from ResumeSpeed shows order banks opening up in a little over a month from now, but I would expect some delays if Dart, Viper and Cherokee are any indication.

With regard to rebates, Chrysler has been weaning itself off of rebates due to increased sales (April sales up 14%), so I wouldn't expect too much, at least initially. My '14 Challenger only had $1K on the hood, but was employee price.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2015-challenger-information-thread-98814/

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
You need to be nutssss to pay anything near Msrp on the 2015s
Fiat for the past year were giving everything away with big discounts.
For the 2015s Fiat will not change at all I feel,I have found a few dealers from the east coast towards the west coast will give you $7000 - $8000 off of Msrp
Really can careless about employee discounts
Only thing you will need is too shop online on the Dodge website for the BEST prices.
There will be many of great deals in Sept on the 2015s
As for the people that want to Pre Order a challenger you will not save much....
Best too wait too see whats on dealers lots in Sept and Oct............JQ

·
Registered
310 Posts
Usually there is a 0% for 36 months incentive. Maybe $1k customer bonus cash for the 2015s but I wouldn't expect more than that.

Since this is a thread about ordering... What should the target price be on an ordered car? Invoice + any incentives at the time if delivery? A percentage below invoice? A specific amount below msrp?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Order banks for SXT and non-Shaker R/T's open June 9th. Maybe you will also be able to order Shakers on June 9th too but Dodge is saying late availability for those.

Usually there is a 0% for 36 months incentive. Maybe $1k customer bonus cash for the 2015s but I wouldn't expect more than that.
Agree. There will be some incentive for the 2015 and this sounds reasonable to start. Not sure how many 2014's still on lots but that will drive the decisions on the 2015s.

Since this is a thread about ordering... What should the target price be on an ordered car? Invoice + any incentives at the time if delivery? A percentage below invoice? A specific amount below msrp?
A locked in firm price would be great but most dealers will want to guarantee only the base price then you get whatever rebates in place at time of delivery. Most dealers will sell below invoice because they get that money back with holdbacks and other incentives to them, so yeah definitely go for at least 500 to 1000 below invoice for an ordered car + rebates on top of that.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Lee Iacocca created the rebate on cars when he brought Chrysler back from the brink of death long ago. He refers to the rebates as the monster they can't kill because when they try to pull them, sales plummet enough that they have to bring them back. Surely all auto manufacturers now have the same dilemma

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I don't believe 98% of those deals, by the time they take out all the rebates they say you don't qualify for, your back to around what the other dealers are showing.

They will do that with the destination charge to, add another $995 when most dealers use the MSRP that includes destination when negotiating. I don't like those kinds of dealers.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm probably going to wait until Sept, even if the store opens in June. I'll be more financially set and the cars will be out for a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The rebates will be scarce at first. By the end of the year I believe rebates will be as usual on RT's and V6 cars. Don't look for anything on an SRT product. For those people who order in June, I believe the 2015's will be hitting the ground in September and maybe you can get a $1000.00 rebate. The 2015's will be real hot for a period of time and the dealers that have a history of marking up above sticker will try it again. There are always dealers that will work with a good customer but you may have to travel a bit. They are going to build 1000's of the 2015 Challenger and anybody who wants one can eventually get one at a good price if you have a bit of patience. In my area I know who will sell one at a fair price and who won't. Information is power. Walk from the dealers who won't deal and use this forum as a guide. Bob Fredrick is a great resource and is active on this forum, so is Luke at Steve White Motors, Baxter is a good dealership in Omaha. I can name others but they may not be sponsors here and I don't want to anger anyone. If you are in the southeast, PM me. I can tell you where to get a deal after the order banks open and I can talk to a few contacts about pricing. It won't be impossible to buy one at invoice or slightly below if you are willing to buy outside your area.

Reactions: Harbor

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If you're wanting a "standard" color for it, then yea, I'd wait to try to get a better rebate. From what I've heard, Sublime is going to be a limited run color for only part of the model year...as that's the color I want, I'll probably order it in June as soon as I can price out the options I want on the Dodge "Build Your Own" page.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Nothing in the Press Release about Sublime being limited production, I did see somewhere that TorRed will be limited availability for some reason.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Nothing in the Press Release about Sublime being limited production, I did see somewhere that TorRed will be limited availability for some reason.

I was basing that one what one of the "insiders" over at Allpar said in one of the threads over there about the reveal

Reactions: Slidd

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
If I wanted Sublime I would find a dealer I trust and order in June when the order banks are open. The history of the high impact colors is that they come and go. Even if the color stays the whole first year (2015) it may be a couple of years or never when they offer it again. Green with Envy was a three month offering. If you really know what you want in a 2015 and have a dealer that will work with you on price. Order! You won't be sorry and even if you pay a bit more you will have the car you want and that means a lot!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya there is a dealer here in so.cal. That offers big discounts
On cars on the lot :) some 3k-5k off plus rebates. So I don't know
If you would be able to get close to as go of deal ordering one?

Can you find dealers to work deals on ordering? And will you be able to
Get rebates as well?

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts

Get rebates as well?
Information is power. You need to develop a relationship with a dealer. If you are willing to buy out of state, there are good dealers here on this forum who will ship your car to you after you order from them. A guy like Lee Brown at Baxter in Omaha can do a lot for you. All the dealers that are part of this forum are good ones to deal with. I know this because I have bought or developed a relationship with all if not most of them. I have purchased two vehicles from Baxter in the past. They are a great organization. They are not as cheap as my local dealership but they will have the car you want in stock or can get it because they are part of a group that owns three or four Dodge dealerships. Bob Fredrick is also a great seller of high performance Dodge cars. He is in Ohio but he is a sponsor on this forum and a great guy. He will deliver to your door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer in SoCal

Get rebates as well?
I live in San Diego County, which dealer(s) in SoCal are offering big discounts? I'm interested in a highly discounted 2014 RT or SRT

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts