Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to trade my 2009 for a 2010 when and if I can get a great deal, when do you guys think the best deals will start ? The way the colors look for 2011, I think I would much rather have a 2010.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I am looking to trade my 2009 for a 2010 when and if I can get a great deal, when do you guys think the best deals will start ? The way the colors look for 2011, I think I would much rather have a 2010.
There are already a couple of threads that answer this same question. :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Here we go again. I thought this Forum was better than this. A guy asks a question and instead of a helpful response, he gets a crap answer, like "use the Search function", or "It's already been mentioned". How is this helpful? It's mostly a waste of time in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Hey Mr. Deadhorse,
Could you please point me to those threads and thanks for the helpful response ?
Maybe we should follow forum etiquette & do a search instead of expecting things done for us. :scratchhead:

Here we go again. I thought this Forum was better than this. A guy asks a question and instead of a helpful response, he gets a crap answer, like "use the Search function", or "It's already been mentioned". How is this helpful? It's mostly a waste of time in my opinion.
It's a waste of time to once again rehash a topic that's been repeatedly discussed in other threads.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I use the search function all the time. It serves as a great wealth of up-to-date and useful information ...just a suggestion.
I wasn't trying to be a smart-a**. I just didn't see the point of going through it all again when the information is already available. :indifferent:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh, I hear ya PDX. That's why I hit the seach function almost everyday on a number of topics and issues. This forum is awesome and it has helped me make wise decisions, but perhaps more importantly what NOT to do and why.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Now is probably the best time because you will never have a better selection of 10s than today.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I thought this Forum was all about folks helping each other out and not about back-biting and nitpicking. Some people can search and right away find what they're looking for. Others aren't as skillful and are frustrated by the amount of time they spend only to find nothing pertinent. Basically a wate of time. That's why we post questions. We don't want to spend a lot of time reading every post, only to find nothing useful. If you can't understand that, then I pity you.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I thought this Forum was all about folks helping each other out and not about back-biting and nitpicking. Some people can search and right away find what they're looking for. Others aren't as skillful and are frustrated by the amount of time they spend only to find nothing pertinent. Basically a wate of time. That's why we post questions. We don't want to spend a lot of time reading every post, only to find nothing useful. If you can't understand that, then I pity you.
Likewise, if everyone posted a new thread for every question that comes to mind without first searching, members would have to sift through tons of repeat threads before finding anything new, different & of value. If the search feature were useless it wouldn't be there. It's a matter of simple courtesy & I don't need pity, thank you.

I'll allow anyone that wishes the last word because this issue is a waste of time, effort & it's done as far as I'm concerned.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Now is probably the best time to buy a 10. The longer you wait, the higher the risk of not finding what you want.

·
Registered
585 Posts
go to the dodge website and do an inventory search for your zip code. i've found some good deals out there. theres a place in mass called colonial dodge they had srt's for 8,500 off msrp, and he's got a boat load of cars on his lot. He's probably dying to get them off his lot with the arrival of the 2011's right around the corner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I started this thread and I agree with Moparman53.
Pdx are you a dick all the time or just on this forum ?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
New cars traditionally come out in September of each year, From September through January, you usually can get a pretty good deal from a dealer trying to get rid of old stock to make room for the new models coming in. In our case, the 2011's really haven't come out in force yet, so the dealers aren't as motivated as they will when inventory of new 2011's is available for delivery to dealers. When i sold cars a couple decades ago, they'd get incentives from the factory to move previous year cars, by around 2 to 3k per vehicle (deals not offered to the customer, its to the dealer so they can sell the car cheaper an still not lose money) In January they usually get another incentive or discount. Right now, we've seen dealers across the country offering cars for 4k to 8k off sticker price. I got my 2010 Classic in April for almost 4k off sticker price, now i would expect 6k or more, and in January closer to 7k. The problem is that the longer you wait, the less the banks will loan on a previous year (or 2 year old new car). If you can't find a good deal on a 2009 or 2010 now, you aren't looking hard enough. It helps if you aren't dealing with a trade in as a factor. It also helps if you already have financing arranged through a bank before ever stepping foot on the dealer lot. The one thing you should be negotiating is the price and only the price, not the payment, and not the trade. The more factors you bring into the decision, the more the dealer will take advantage of you.

I sold my own car that i had available to trade in, for 4k more than any dealer offered for it. And it took me 5 days to sell it myself. I then found a dealer that wanted to sell a car, and not try to dick me around for the best "deal". If you arrange a deal near the end of the month, (last 2 to 3 days) the dealer is eager to move units, and can sell without the dealer hold back, I got the price they offered on the 31st of march, and paid that same price two weeks later after i'd sold my car and transferred title and cleared funds on it. I didn't jump when the dealer wanted, but i did find out what they would sell the car for, and when i was ready, I negotiated for the price i thought was fair at the time. getting a 39750 car for 35212, and getting several options that i didn't originally select, but could live with, such as the HIDs, Nav stereo, and sunroof. Also helped to prefer a color that the dealer had trouble moving...DY. They delivered it on a trailer from NC to my front door (for less than 400) and i did all the paperwork through the mail, so didn't have to even talk to the finance manager to listen to upsells.

If you want the dealer i dealt with, i'll be happy to pass him along, I was very happy with the deal i got, and the sale itself was outstanding. And the car arrived in great shape with only a few minor blemishes that i was more than capable of handling myself. (after delivery i wasn't going to ship it back)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I started this thread and I agree with Moparman53.
Pdx are you a dick all the time or just on this forum ?
If suggesting that someone use forum etiquette is being a "xxxx" then I'm a big one. :banana:

I'm certain the moderators will find your tasteless language of interest when they see it. It's no surprise though, given what you've demonstrated thus far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good selection at dealer mentioned

go to the dodge website and do an inventory search for your zip code. i've found some good deals out there. theres a place in mass called colonial dodge they had srt's for 8,500 off msrp, and he's got a boat load of cars on his lot. He's probably dying to get them off his lot with the arrival of the 2011's right around the corner.
Took a long drive last weekend from Toronto to Boston and was in that
dealer's area. I bought my Challenger in Canada at the beginning of November and got a good deal, and saw this dealers inventory online so dropped in to check on American discounted pricing.

Nice selection !! Of colors in R/T and SRTs all parked indoors in service area
about a dozen vehicles with discounted pricing on windshield.

You don't say where you're located.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts