Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a 2018 V6 Camaro that was rear ended 2 weeks ago on the interstate.
Once I'd gotten over the frustration and anger of it all I realized I don't want a car that's been hit especially aftermarket appraisals and supplements the car has over 10k in damage.
I've got a deal in place for a 19 Go Mango GT AWD but the body shop is "still waiting for my exhaust to come in."

This is what I get for ordering the vehicle with the dual mode performance.

I've been staring at challengers so much since making this decision I don't even want look at Camaros anymore.

For the love of God I want out of this rental Altima.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts
(Almost) welcome to the club!

Sorry to hear about the wrecked Camaro, but I think you’ll be very pleased with the Challenger in comparison, especially if you have any height to you at all. ?

Although I will admit to being curious about your choice in drive trains - what is it about the AWD GT that drew you to it over the regular RWD SXT model?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(Almost) welcome to the club!

Sorry to hear about the wrecked Camaro, but I think you’ll be very pleased with the Challenger in comparison, especially if you have any height to you at all.

Although I will admit to being curious about your choice in drive trains - what is it about the AWD GT that drew you to it over the regular RWD SXT model?
My daily commute is about an hour and I live in New England. I always seem to be stuck at work when the snow is falling during winter. It just seemed to smart thing to do. I've made the drive in the Camaro and it's not fun.
If I wasn't going AWD I'd be more apt to jump into a R/T.
The AWD is more practical and the V6 will help with gas mileage. Being responsible is no fun but sometimes smart.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts
My daily commute is about an hour and I live in New England. I always seem to be stuck at work when the snow is falling during winter. It just seemed to smart thing to do. I've made the drive in the Camaro and it's not fun.
If I wasn't going AWD I'd be more apt to jump into a R/T.
The AWD is more practical and the V6 will help with gas mileage. Being responsible is no fun but sometimes smart.

Yeah, navigating the inclement weather conditions in a RWD can be tricky, but the AWD should mitigate that somewhat.

There are some extra precautions to take with the AWD system, but they are perfectly capable cars as long as those extras are kept in mind over the course of the ownership.

Be sure to post up some pics of the car once you get it!

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts
I like that color, what is it?

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,562 Posts
2019 Go Mango
Ah, that’s why it caught my eye, my 2011 was Toxic Orange.

That’s an attention-getting color for sure. Be prepared for complete strangers to walk up to you and chat you up about it.

Although I’ll warn you now, 3/4ths of them will call it a Charger ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, that’s why it caught my eye, my 2011 was Toxic Orange.

That’s an attention-getting color for sure. Be prepared for complete strangers to walk up to you and chat you up about it.

Although I’ll warn you now, 3/4ths of them will call it a Charger ?
No different then when they called my Camaro a mustang. At least a charger is in the same family lol

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
833 Posts
Looks great (I dislike small pictures)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts