Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking to find one on a dealer lot but there is not to many choices out there. Does anyone know why the inventory is so low?

·
Registered
75 Posts
....or that limiting inventory creates the illusion of scarcity which leads to a buying frenzy? Them Dodge boys ain't dumb.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The dealership where I ordered mine from had about 20 on the lot at the time. I got mine a few months ago and now they have only a couple left on the lot. The spaces that were occupied by Challengers are now full of Jeeps.

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
The dealership where I ordered mine from had about 20 on the lot at the time. I got mine a few months ago and now they have only a couple left on the lot. The spaces that were occupied by Challengers are now full of Jeeps.
Spring/Summer: Challenger then moving into Fall/Winter: Jeep. They probably do that every year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have seen around 4 or so at some of the dealerships here in San Antonio, but I have yet to see any on the road.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
We really don't have an issue with winter driving here in Las Vegas but there are a lot of people still into 4x4 Jeeps. I think it is more that this particular dealer is more orientated around trucks then cars but decided to jump on the popular Challengers while they were able to order them for dealer stock to put on the lot. There have been some issues mentioned on this forum about dealers ordering cars for the lot and maybe they sold all they could get at the time. I do know the used lot next door has a bunch of used Challengers, probably because people upgraded and traded.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I been looking to find one on a dealer lot but there is not to many choices out there. Does anyone know why the inventory is so low?
I was at my Dodge dealer the other day getting fluids changed and I asked them why I don't see any - none - widebody challengers on the lot, not even regular 2018 models - not a one which is really unusual considering they always have them out front and one in the showroom. Never seen that before. They said it was production stuff and they were selling more SUV's etc … so they're not stocking the Challengers anymore. They are the largest dealer here in Grand Rapids. I just don't get it. By the way, they didn't even have one on the lot in Spring. Nothing. Really strange.

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
RAM had a great month in June, Charger did pretty well too but Challenger was in the tank, down 26%. Even Jeep stumbled a little down 12% but RAM was just on fire. Only 5,067 Challengers sold last month, but RAM had 75,227 trucks sold! A 45% increase over June 2018, plus it's high dollar and probably higher profit vehicle overall so that's what the dealers are going to order. The dealer I ordered my SRT from was a country dealer with mostly trucks and think they had a couple Chargers in stock but no Challengers when I went to pick mine up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked mine up in early January and have seen exactly one other SP WB Challenger on the road since then. I live in the DFW Metroplex too, not out in the boonies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Around March and April, I saw a few on dealer lots, but none in the color or drivetrain I wanted, so I ended up ordering mine. I got it last week and it's a complete blast! I've only seen one other one on the roads by me, and it was a Plum Crazy widebody scat pack, and I'm in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts