Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know AWD challenger GTs are the step child’s of the challenger genre becuase they make very few of them but I’m finding out that a lot of wheels (even some of which claim to fit) simply do not fit ! I bought a GT because I thought a “sport utility coupe” would be cool and allow me to have a toy I can drive in the winter as well as spring/summer..but I’m discouraged by the lack of wheel selection.. any idea if dodge will upgrade its selection or where I can find some decent wheels in the mean time ? I’ve checked carID but I’ve been told I need an 18-22” wheel thats 38+ in the rear to stay Under the rear well and most are off. Someone help !!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
Since the stock wheels are +55 offset, you'll be looking at wheels that do custom offsets unless you want them to stick out. Custom offsets usually = More $

We did have a member who got some +30 offset Hellcat replicas

This member got +35, but you see they stick out some still

Since most Challenger wheels are in the +15 to +25 range, you'll not find many stock wheels with the higher offset of an AWD

A Guy

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I installed regular 18" Dodge Challenger wheels on my GT, which are +24mm offset and they fit fine. Just bolted right on - no issues. I wouldn't say that they "stick out" - I'd say that they "sit flush" with the fenders (which IMO, looks better than being "sunken in" to the wheelwells.

Wheel width also plays a part. My wheels are only 7.5" wide, so they won't stick out as far as 9" wide wheels.

Here are some pics - haven't had any issues whatsoever with these wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts