Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the cleaner look of the spoilerless SE decklid and I'd rather not destroy my factory '10 FF R/T decklid with spoiler. I searched for a few hours but only turn up '70's Challenger decklids or late model carbon fiber decklids available for sale. Where can I find'em SE decklids? Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think u'll have to start from scratch...no FF se's were built, so no chance of a take offs and many se have spoilers installed...you'll either have to buy a complete new declid, or remove your spoiler and patch and paint. sorry

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there are no FF SE's which is why there's three choices to get that spoilerless decklid look:

1. Remove my R/T's spoiler, patch it and have it painted FF.
2. Buy an SE decklid and have it painted FF.
3. Buy a spoilerless, carbon fiber decklid and have it painted FF (if carbon fiber can even be painted over like that...).

I know the SE decklids pop up occassionally in the personals but I want to know where I can buy a factory, OEM decklid and for how much. That I've had no luck finding...

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
161 Posts
Any Dodge dealership or body shop can order you a new deck lid. Dealership quoted a price of $572. The body shop jobber price is around $400 if you have any friends in the business.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Since you will have to custom paint anyhow, I would start calling the salvage yards. You may even get lucky and find a FF one that just needs patched & touched up so you don't have to mess with your original lid.

ETA: Another source might be a member (I think 2009 Challenger ???) who basically sells take-off parts from new Challengers. Has an array of different things...wheels, suspension components, spoilers, etc. I didn't see a deck lid listed, but might be worth an inquiry to him. Here's his website:

http://www.takeoffautoparts.com/challenger20082010.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts