Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my order in for the speedlogix hood months ago but its been on backorder since mid December and I still havent recieved any official word on when it ships out. Before you say waite it out, my car has been in the body since December because of a fender bender and luckily the shop has been ok with me leaving it there for this long and I was luckily enough to borrow my fathers truck to get around but I think both the shop and my father are slowly starting to lose their patience. My next best alternative is finding the T/A hood for lowest price possible or maybe another hood that looks just as good as the T/A or speedlogix hood. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my factory T/A hood from Summit Racing, $1389 with shipping. That price is close to what Mopar wants for it online, without shipping. I didnt check with my local dealer to see what it would cost to order it. It's a big box, I would think they would want something for shipping it to the dealer.

It took two weeks get it from Summit to my door.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I got my factory T/A hood from Summit Racing, $1389 with shipping. That price is close to what Mopar wants for it online, without shipping. I didnt check with my local dealer to see what it would cost to order it. It's a big box, I would think they would want something for shipping it to the dealer.

It took two weeks get it from Summit to my door.
Good info thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! Two weeks is way better than 3 months and still no shipping confirmation.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Where are you located, I may have one for sale. My personal one, never pained but it is carbon vinyl wrapped which could just be peeled off...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Doubt theres a shipping charge when ordered from a dealer. Only reason i say tht is because when i ordered a new front bumper for my nose conversion from the dealer, which was in a big ass box, they didnt charge me shipping.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
^Same as above, I ordered my 392 chin spoiler to avoid high shipping charges.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Will the dealer give you a discount? List price I think is $1,395.00.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My dealer did, I have a good relationship with my sales person so he ordered it for me.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What's the parts number for the functional T/A hood?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
They will if you sit around the parts counter, drink coffee, and bs with them long enough :p

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
What's the parts number for the functional T/A hood?
82211665AD T/A Hood
82212435 Fresh Air Vent Kit
77060003AC Cold Air Intake
4596466AF Coolant Bottle (required on 2011-up)

·
Registered
55 Posts
82211665AD T/A Hood
82212435 Fresh Air Vent Kit
77060003AC Cold Air Intake
4596466AF Coolant Bottle (required on 2011-up)
Great info right there. Hopefully there's a dealer or twelve reading this post and will offer a package deal

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the [82212435 Fresh Air Vent Kit] three weeks ago from the dealer.

When I told the parts guy: "internet forums say its sorta hard to get", he punched in the number and said "they were right, it shows its back ordered and there is no expected ship date".

Checked with him the other day and it now shows expected release date of March 12. Hopefully I will see it soon.

I have an aftermarket CAI, and I'm going to test fit the vent kit before coughing up the dough for the mopar CAI and coolant bottle. I think it will work the way it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the [82212435 Fresh Air Vent Kit] three weeks ago from the dealer.
Checked with him the other day and it now shows expected release date of March 12. Hopefully I will see it soon.
Update FYI.... Stopped into the parts department yesterday for something else, and this part now shows a release date of April 11.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts