Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did all the catless mids go and why are they so $$$ all of a sudden?

Seems like I remember these being more like $300 and JBA also made them?

EPA much?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,698 Posts
Where did all the catless mids go and why are they so $$$ all of a sudden?

Seems like I remember these being more like $300 and JBA also made them?

EPA much?
I run Long tubes and high flow cats (Kooks) on my 5.7l and it put 434 H.P. to the wheels on a Mustang Dyno, Naturally Aspirated.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
185 Posts
I went with a custom made mid pipe. I got everything behind the headers turned to 3” exhaust with an x-pipe for $350.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
I would not run catless on a street car. Why...the exhaust just sticks to your clothes. The high flow cats from stainless works are tiny and they do a great job. Even if I did not live in an emissions state I would run HF cats because I hate smelling like I just finished working on a B&S motor.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aside from the fact that I prefer automotive smells to toilet water, I want to do things that catalysts don't appreciate.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,698 Posts
Backfire tune?! And I thought you were better than that...J/K. :)
Oh yeah, another, I want back fire pops in my exhaust when I lift the throttle. First time I heard of that and what the procedure was I called the shop doing my car, they had my car at the time and specifically told them NOT to do that. They laughed and said that they do not recommend tuning that way.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know...was just messing with you. You are right though...the offroad pipes are +$400 when I did a quick search. And here I thought 3" SS mid mufflers for +$170 each was crazy.
I mean, China can make long tube headers for $150 with free shipping. But can't make off-road mids?

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,021 Posts
SW mid pipes up $90 since Dec 2018.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
Would these work? It says '06-'14 but should work for +15s, no? Nevermind looks like it is for their headers.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would these work? It says '06-'14 but should work for +15s, no? Nevermind looks like it is for their headers.
They would if I had long tube headers.

The tell is that they don't curve upward near the flange.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
Spool...did you see these? Looks like price dropped 6%...but still ~$400 ($389).

Oh and JBA does make a set...but for more. (6.2/6.4 only)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.