Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's driving me nuts!!!

It's interior noise, sounds like something is lose, and only happens when i am driving on roads that aren't uber smooth.

I have got to pinpoint this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you driven with someone so they can help pinpoint it while you drive?

·
Registered
427 Posts
ME TOO...Mine sounds like a small knocking and its coming from behind the drivers seat in the panel where the seat belt is mounted. Like you said its only when the street is less than smooth. I usually drown the noise out with the kick ass sound system.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you driven with someone so they can help pinpoint it while you drive?
yeah, I had my gf ride with me and of course she didn't hear it! lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Look in the back seat. Is it the seat belt buckle rattling against the vinyl side trim? I get that sometimes. Just push the buckle down into the crevice between seat upholstery and side wall. Drove me nuts until I found it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
New TSB out on the rear toe adjustment rod joint. They clean the joint and install new bolts. Check with the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check spare tire if you have one. Make sure it is screwed down tight. Also do you have sun roof. If the inside cover is open it can rattle. I had both of these rattles.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check spare tire if you have one. Make sure it is screwed down tight. Also do you have sun roof. If the inside cover is open it can rattle. I had both of these rattles.
This could be it, if the cover is closed (and if i can remember right) it doesn't make the noise. I will have to test this out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New TSB out on the rear toe adjustment rod joint. They clean the joint and install new bolts. Check with the dealer.
Will have them check this out when I go for my next oil change! Is there a thread with listed TSB's??

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
If it's coming from up front, it could be a broken dash clip. Sometimes one of those little platic clips they use in the dashes breaks off and rolls around in there and you can hear it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here is a video...sorry for the up and down of the phone, I was driving lol!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Link fixed!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump, any ideas?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sunday bump! Any ideas after watching the video I posted???

It's getting worse!

·
Registered
481 Posts
first completely empty your glove box, drive, listen. Check your dash panel between the speakers. The metal panel that runs across from speaker to speaker was buzzing on mine.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty. They will fix rattles... your car isn't supposed to rattle. It's really hard to tell from that video.
________
ECIGS123

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? Is it possible that the rattle comes from there? That's a known problem too, I think.
Cliff

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like I will just have to take it in and tell them to identify and fix it....I do have the sunroof, but it doesnt seem to be coming from there :/

·
Registered
138 Posts
Like a previous poster mentioned, take everything out of the glove, and leave it open while driving. It could be a rattle on the glove door or on the handle mechanism. You could also try to take the door panel off and look for something loose in there. Beats having to deal with the dealer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts