Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it, looked all around. does the bottom plastic cover have to be removed???:scratchhead:

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Yes it does. It's called the belly pan. It's up in there and good luck. Hope you eat wheaties. It's on pretty tight

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
that belly pan just about covers it all. got to take it off to really get to anything on the bottom end of the motor. If you are changing it for the very first time, like it was stated above, the oil filter gorilla installed it at the factory.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
owners manual? mine did.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
beside the blinker fluid reservoir! I think......congrats on your swa-eet mopar!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good luck getting it off, this guy put it on! His name is Samson. :)

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
that belly pan just about covers it all. got to take it off to really get to anything on the bottom end of the motor. If you are changing it for the very first time, like it was stated above, the oil filter gorilla installed it at the factory.
That would be pritty much a dream job to many...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beside the blinker fluid reservoir! I think......congrats on your swa-eet mopar!
Thanks,, I love this car! this one looks like it's going to be the best i ever owned, and I've owned a few.!

I was wondering were that reservoir was... :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
Two tips:

1. Remove your filter using an end cap oil filter wrench (see below).

2. After you remove the old filter, check to make sure the old gasket is not still there. I don't think they oil the gasket at the factory and is often sticks to the mounting plate of the oil filter.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
you think the oil filter is hard to find. look for your PCV valve and your thermostat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts