Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to trade my 09 SRT8 Torred AT (1k miles) in on a Green Envy SRT8 6spd. Looking for suggestions on which dealers I should contact that offer the best deals and are the best people to work with. I originally got my car ar South Oak Dodge in Illinois but since then I've been transferred out to Idaho. Email addresses or phone numbers would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Destination charge is included in the price of the car, so actual location won't matter, but dealership will. Check out the ones in your area and scope out their ratings online etc...You'll have to wait a bit longer to order the Green With Envy car though. I'll be sure to post 1 billion times on all the major forums the second I get wind of the order window being open.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but slim pickins here in Idaho. Seems like the few dealerships that are here think the cars are made of gold. Visited one of the dealerships here and they're still ADDING 6k to 8k on top of MSRP for run of the mill SRT's. The same SRT's are on ebay for 11k less. I'm looking for a dealership that won't try and rip me and are good folks to work with.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would recommend Bob Frederick. Yes, I bought from him, and it was the most hassle free vehicle transaction of my life to date.

Plus you get to be a member of the scat pack!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Classic Madison Dodge

I'm looking to trade my 09 SRT8 Torred AT (1k miles) in on a Green Envy SRT8 6spd. Looking for suggestions on which dealers I should contact that offer the best deals and are the best people to work with. I originally got my car ar South Oak Dodge in Illinois but since then I've been transferred out to Idaho. Email addresses or phone numbers would be appreciated. Thanks.
Let's see, for starters, how about $7K under MSRP for a 2010 six speed SRT8 Furious Fuchsia? That's the price Paul Stevens from Classic Madison Dodge is selling all his SRT8s for. And that goes for all his R/Ts as well, all $7K below MSRP.

Paul Stevens has never marked above or sold any Challenger for MSRP. He discounts below the price when all Dodge incentives are subtracted. I bought a 2010 FF SRT8 six speed from Paul, and after all Dodge incentives were subtracted, he still reduced the price another $1K from his profit. Service and salesmanship are outstanding. Follow-up after purchase is outstanding as well.

Call Paul's mobile @ 440.667.5992.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Also chiming in with Bob Frederick! You have nothing to lose giving him a call...you won't be dissappointed! Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but I already tried Paul at Classic and didn't have a good experience. The price for their 2010 FF 6spd was $41,444 (it's on ebay), and I was only offered $31,000 for my SRT :notallthere:.

I certainly don't call that much of a deal. I know mine is an 09, but after all, in December the 2010 is already considered last year's model.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Doesn't idaho have the largest dodge dealer in the USA? Dave Smith. I hear their radio ads on sirius all the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$31k for trade in is not bad. Just sold mine for $34k 09 SRT with only 5500 miles.
Kinda proves my point doesn't it? :confused:

You sold an SRT (color & options unknown) with 82% more miles than mine and for $3K more. And it's not like I'm asking a dealer to buy my car outright - I'm actually proposing to buy one of theirs too.

Again, I know I'm going to lose a few grand, but come on - $13K for 1000 miles? IMHO unless your forced to sell, you'd be a fool to take that.

I'm new in Idaho and never heard of Dave Smith - no one here in Idaho has ever mentioned that dealership to me and I've never noticed DS being mentioned in the CT forum either.

I've reached out to Bob Frederick. I'll see tomorrow what he can come up with.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
The dealer is taking a certain risk in buying your car, they may sell it for a profit tomorrow, or they may have it on the lot paying interest for 1 year. If you can get $32k you should go for it. Remember the sales tax when trading.

·
Registered
105 Posts
:scratchhead:The amont you will loose in trading up for a color. To a dealer 1K or 12K in miles does make much diff

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
willing to drive to northern WI?

PM me and ill give you the dealers name and #

i got $750 under sticker on a IE

Ive gotten e-mail updates from them and have been very happy with their honest practices so far.

i dont have the name w/ me now

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Losing $13,000 for a vehicle with only 1000 miles :jawdrop:- looks like the person that buys a new Challenger has already taken all the risk . . .

·
Registered
105 Posts
willing to drive to northern WI?

PM me and ill give you the dealers name and #

i got $750 under sticker on a IE

Ive gotten e-mail updates from them and have been very happy with their honest practices so far.

i dont have the name w/ me now
This time of year last year in Houston. There were a couple of Dealers that were offering 6 to 10K off sticker with several to choose. But my wife can't drive a stick and she is scared of my KB in the rain and I was not going to give that to her

I will keep an Eye in the paper

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dodge has 4K in incentives right now on RT's and SRT8's
Add some dealer discounts and you have over 6K off.

SB

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dodge has 4K in incentives right now on RT's and SRT8's
Add some dealer discounts and you have over 6K off.

SB
You're exactly right! On Saturday, I pulled the trigger on a 2010 Furious Fuchsia 6-spd from a dealer in Virginia. They offered me 34K for my car and knocked off about $7,400 (rebates included) from the MSRP.

So far, the salesperson has acted very professionally and has been very helpful with the transaction. And my recent experiences have shown those qualities are in short supply among the many dealerships I contacted.

The only stress I have now is shipping my car to them and getting my car to me.:ugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts