Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealers are short on Hell Cats, if I buy long distance, who generally has the fairest discounts?

Thank s

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,188 Posts
Lots of members here recommend Dave Smith CDJR in Idaho. High volume dealer with a lot of Hellcats on the lot. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
Power Dollars extended, and 0% 72 Month on all Hellcats. Good luck!

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
I am looking for new, just scanning the discounts seem small and just the power rebate.

What city and state are you in?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,425 Posts
My local dealers are short on Hell Cats, if I buy long distance, who generally has the fairest discounts?

Thank s

Kevin

Did any of the local dealers suggest while they were "short" on Hellcats that it would be possible to search and find you one?

It is not unknown for a dealer to have a good number of cars -- in this case Hellcats -- but not in the showroom or even on the lot but tucked away at a "distant" storage lot. When a shopper comes in looking for a Hellcat he is told there are none but the dealer would graciously look for one for you. Of course it just fetches one from its other lot.

When I went to buy a Hellcat I had a WB yellow one and a NB octane red one to consider, both parked right out front of the showroom. I mentioned something about green -- my other car being green -- and in a minute or so an F8 green NB Hellcat appeared and was parked next to the yellow and octane red Hellcats.

More recently with another brand I wanted a particular vehicle which showed up in the dealer's inventory at its web site, but I was not able to find the vehicle on the dealer's lot. When I visited the dealer to inquire about the vehicle the salesman told me it was stored on a distant lot but he could have it to me in a while. In less then 30 minutes the vehicle I wanted to buy was at the dealer with fuel and washed and ready for me to test drive.

Another time I wanted a car. Showed up at the dealer and told the salesman what I was looking for. He indicated I follow him and we walked out of the showroom to a door in another building and down several flights of stairs and ended up in a big underground garage full of new cars. One of which I ended up buying.

Yet another time another dealer I showed up looking for a car that was not in the showroom or on the lot. Salesman asked me to follow him and we walked out of the showroom and off of the lot and down the street to a drive blocked by a chain link fence gate. Salesman unlocked the gate and we walked in and then on into into a barn like building. Inside were a good number of new cars and even one in which I was interested but didn't end up buying.

And instead of in an underground garage some dealers store inventory of new cars parked on the roof of the dealer building. (Burlingame CA Porsche dealer for example. You can see the cars on the roof if you look at the dealer's building using a satellite view.)

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I saw this one, 7170 of the discount is power rebate

I was going to suggest Kernersville if you were near the east coast. There’s another dealer in VA named Kooks, but I think their reputation is not very good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No shortage here. It's Koons not Kooks. :D. I have bought a few cars from Koons with no issues. Bought my 2019 B5 Scat Pack Shaker from them. Got over 12K off sticker.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No shortage here. It's Koons not Kooks. :D. I have bought a few cars from Koons with no issues. Bought my 2019 B5 Scat Pack Shaker from them. Got over 12K off sticker.
They are aggressively priced

Here is a price I got today for a 2020 model year

Below are the numbers:
MSRP: $ 74,945
Your Price: $ 70,985
Rebates: $ 7,170 (Bank finance option only)
Net Price: $ 63,815

$3960 + $7170 total of $11,130 off

Comments?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Here is a price I got today for a 2020 model year

Below are the numbers:
MSRP: $ 74,945
Your Price: $ 70,985
Rebates: $ 7,170 (Bank finance option only)
Net Price: $ 63,815

$3960 + $7170 total of $11,130 off

Comments?

I’d almost bet at the above figures that you’re getting discount in the form of a sale at invoice plus about $800 of the holdback.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’d almost bet at the above figures that you’re getting discount in the form of a sale at invoice plus about $800 of the holdback.
I thought the same on the pricing. Seems to be a fair deal. I picked the car off the dodge dealer inventory portal at a non local dealer and my local dealer has contacted them to acquire the car. I will know Monday if it is a go.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
959 Posts
your kind of in a black hole. The 20s are mostly gone and the 21s arent out yet. Give it another couple months when the 21s hit the showroom and then there going do deal on the 20s.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I Usally buy in October or November because the new cars are on their way and you can find good deals. Well yesterday I was at a local car show at the Harley dealer and saw a fellow Hellcat guy. We were talking and I said I was thinking of trading in on a F8 green RE WB with a tan leather gut. He told me he was getting his oil changed yesterday at Daytona Dodge and one just came off the truck but not sure it was a Redeye. I shot right over and the car was there. Not eve PDI done to it. Tried to make a deal but I think it was the 1st time I yelled at someone and told him to give me my keys and walked out. I should’ve known I’ve dealt with them before and always ended up buying at a different dealership. They just happen to have the car I wanted. The deal that they had I’ll wait till 2021 and I’ll order it exactly the way I want it with stripes and hood pins. The F8 green with the brass monkey wheels looked awesome and I’m not a big fan of the brass monkey wheels. If anybody’s interested the deal on the car wasn’t that bad it was just my trade-in value that we couldn’t come to agreement with he offered me 12 K less than Kelley blue book and my car is a year old with 3000 miles and is pristine. He came up another 5000 on the trade but I told him it was like slapping me in the face.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your kind of in a black hole. The 20s are mostly gone and the 21s arent out yet. Give it another couple months when the 21s hit the showroom and then there going do deal on the 20s.
I have gotten the deals before in April on a leftover, getting all the options I wanted on an in stock car locally, and not having to pay for transport from another part of the country makes up for a better deal in the future. I hate getting options I don’t want, especially summer tires, it’s $1200 for new all season Michelin’s and no one locally wants the summer tires.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have gotten the deals before in April on a leftover, getting all the options I wanted on an in stock car locally, and not having to pay for transport from another part of the country makes up for a better deal in the future. I hate getting options I don’t want, especially summer tires, it’s $1200 for new all season Michelin’s and no one locally wants the summer tires.

I agree. The Redeye I have now and my previous Scatpack both had sunroofs that I would never order and the Redeye I looked at yesterday had the HK system that I wouldn’t order. Almost 2K each. I could use that money towards stripes , hood pins etc... Plus I think my Black Satin hood was $1700. on my 1st Hellcat. The redeye I had it wrapped for $300.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. The Redeye I have now and my previous Scatpack both had sunroofs that I would never order and the Redeye I looked at yesterday had the HK system that I wouldn’t order. Almost 2K each. I could use that money towards stripes , hood pins etc... Plus I think my Black Satin hood was $1700. on my 1st Hellcat. The redeye I had it wrapped for $300.
Yes, this car has the HK stereo and if I ordered, I would not get it, also red seatbelts. Thankfully no sunroof, I think I would pass if it had a sunroof, I just don’t like them. It has orange brake calipers, I would not have ordered, I think they are good after looking at them for a while.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.