Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, not sure this is the right place for this question, but I bought a Lockpick CHR550 and a backup cam for my '09 R/T and don't know who can install it. I live in Queens. I'm looking for a shop with experience, preferably.

Anyone have any experience/suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did this mod recently and it wasn't that hard, read up on some posts here, that plastic around the radio just pops off, 4 screws hold in the radio, then plug in all the connectors. I bent a thin strip of metal then mounted my camera where the license plate light is, moved the light back and drilled 2 new hiles for the light, run the wires under the trunk mat, into the side of the back seat, under the plastic panels between the seat and door then connect the video wires to the Lockpick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this mod recently and it wasn't that hard, read up on some posts here, that plastic around the radio just pops off, 4 screws hold in the radio, then plug in all the connectors. I bent a thin strip of metal then mounted my camera where the license plate light is, moved the light back and drilled 2 new hiles for the light, run the wires under the trunk mat, into the side of the back seat, under the plastic panels between the seat and door then connect the video wires to the Lockpick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks. I'm not handy at all, but maybe I'll give the lockpick a try..

·
Registered
6 Posts
In NYC I would recommend Manhattan Armor they do excellent work and I'm in the process of purchasing a 2012 SRT8; I'm going to have them do the installation work on a Valentine radar system and a back up camera. Check them out and ask for Jeff 212-447-6500.

Let me tell you up front they only do high end european cars. I have a GL450 Benz that they worked on for me. They do excellent work as a matter of fact they do all the radar installations for Mercedes Benz of Manhattan so you will PAY. But I believe you get what you pay for.

Mobile Tweaks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts