Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to install an electric cutout but I’m not sure where to mount the switch. Looking for ideas. Post your pics please. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Assuming you don't have ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), maybe get a button panel for it, and use one of them like on cop cars for devices? Massive overkill, but that would be the cleanest, coolest way.

·
Registered
745 Posts
getting ready to install an electric cutout but I’m not sure where to mount the switch. Looking for ideas. Post your pics please. Thank you.
What year is your car? Auto or standard?
The '14 and down has a few more spots to mount switches the '15 and up becomes a little harder. Look into nitrous switch mounts. If its a '15 and up and auto you can mount it to the coin holder. Manual is in the cup holder. Other good spot is take the flip out in the overhead light and put a switch panel there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year is your car? Auto or standard?
The '14 and down has a few more spots to mount switches the '15 and up becomes a little harder. Look into nitrous switch mounts. If its a '15 and up and auto you can mount it to the coin holder. Manual is in the cup holder. Other good spot is take the flip out in the overhead light and put a switch panel there
Should have added that it’s a 2016 Hellcat auto. I’ll look into those locations. Thank you.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
I mounted my switch on the panel below the steering wheel towards the right side. I'll get a pic tomorrow if I can, no doubt the easiest spot to install.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't worry I didn't forget about you, ok maybe I did but I remembered so I'll try again tomorrow
You did notice hes got a 16. Your 10 mounting spot is not as convenient. The 15 and up are so hard to find a decent spot to mount gauges or switches

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
You did notice hes got a 16. Your 10 mounting spot is not as convenient. The 15 and up are so hard to find a decent spot to mount gauges or switches
I didn't know that actually, but judging by some pics i saw online of the 15+ interior it looks like it would mount the same or very similarly as mine. I'll take a pic now

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
May not be for everyone but it's out of sight and out of mind. Would this work on the 15+?

·
Registered
745 Posts
May not be for everyone but it's out of sight and out of mind. Would this work on the 15+?
Yes and no. The 15 and up has a little vent in the same spot youve got the switch. Then hed also have 2 switches,R/L. Might be a little harder on the knees than just 1 switch to worry about. I think the newer knee pad is thicker then the older ones also

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Yes and no. The 15 and up has a little vent in the same spot youve got the switch. Then hed also have 2 switches,R/L. Might be a little harder on the knees than just 1 switch to worry about. I think the newer knee pad is thicker then the older ones also
Why would he need two switches? Mine controls two cutouts. I've had it wired up for like 4 months now but just haven't wanted to crawl under and start hacking up the exhaust to put the cutouts in.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why would he need two switches? Mine controls two cutouts. I've had it wired up for like 4 months now but just haven't wanted to crawl under and start hacking up the exhaust to put the cutouts in.
How much amperage do you plan on putting thru that one switch? Id check the ratings on the switch and cutouts before putting in. Ive seen nitrous switches that mount at the base where console and dash meet. Makes a clean install look. Id be a little weary on running one switch for both cutouts. At least use a relay for both and use the one switch. That way amperage isnt on the switch its on the relays

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
333 Posts
I batted around, and decided my switches would go in driver knee side panel - kinda' opposite of passenger power port. Not obtrusive, can be operated without big hand motions, and there where my hand goes for on and off switch anyway. No labels, would only face my knee. If removed, colored plug would not hurt anything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I must admit this is a very clean, although not hidden option Chllngrswpr mentioned

Another option but you'd loose a cup holder

A Guy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts