Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask any opinions on where I’m parking my 09 R/T. I’m a college student in KY and currently I have my car parked in my girlfriend’s apartment parking garage and I’m paying $80 a month which is expensive but the car is pretty protected in the garage which I am happy with. The alternative is an outside parking lot that I get a year round permit for $200 (I will only be at schools for another 6 months, so about 35 a month). Worth mentioning the school parking lot is fenced all around but there is not gate to scan the pass to get in/out which is an added security feature the parking garage has. the car getting stolen is a slight worry as I my brother’s 02 truck got stolen from an open lot when he was in school in Colorado, so it’s in the back of my mind. Anyways... thoughts?

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,094 Posts
Park it where you can sleep soundly at night. Too much stuff happens to cars that are outdoors and unattended.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pay the $80 a month and chalk it up to mental health money. Extreme case, but I paid $550 a month to keep my Challenger in the most perfect parking spot in all of Manhattan. I slept soundly at night (as fyrdude correctly mentions...) and traded it without a single scratch or ding.

·
Registered
2019 Pitch Black R/T
30 Posts
Keep in mind the narrowness of the parking spots and how close people may park next to you. Door dings can be a major pain

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep in mind the narrowness of the parking spots and how close people may park next to you. Door dings can be a major pain
My current assigned spot in the parking garage is on the end and separated from the spot next to it by a cement pillar... door dings virtually impossible there. Definitely a plus

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
My current assigned spot in the parking garage is on the end and separated from the spot next to it by a cement pillar... door dings virtually impossible there. Definitely a plus
That is worth the money more than anything else. Theft is random and rare. Having idiots/careless people park poorly next to you is a given.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,205 Posts
At my apartment I pay $40/month for 2 carports. Worth it. Both the Hellcat and the Mercedes van are out of the sun. Do not have to worry about hail. The area is crime free so theft is not a concern not that the vehicles are really less exposed to this under or out from under a carport.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
College parking lots and cars are a bad combination, cars get destroyed in them. My daughters college roommate got a rear door caved in and while it was in the body shop the insurance loaner got hit too.
College students should drive beaters so they have one less thing to distract them from studying. It’s mentally relaxing.

Reactions: GSBrockman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts