Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Where to put Catch Can on Gen 5 Whipple?

201 6
Does anyone here have a 6.4 that they have put the Gen 5 whipple on and have a catch can installed? If so can you post a pic of how you hooked the catch can up? I cannot find any videos or instructions on how to install a catch can on the Gen 5 whipple for a 6.4 hemi. Everything is either older model whipples or mustangs and they do not look anything like the Gen 5.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Gen 5 Whipple, MMX Custom Grind Cam, Forged Rods and Pistons
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not use a UPR with the fender mount?
I already have the JLT 3.0 catch can from when my car was stock, just wanted to use that one instead of buying a new one.

I'm just mainly trying to see how it gets connected. Like what hose goes where?

· Registered
1,829 Posts
Oh, well look at the photos from any of the vendors--or pull up the stock hose on stevewhiteparts and you'll see where it goes. It's on the front pass. side of the engine.

edit: I take that back, sw only shows the hose itself, not the diagram of where it goes on the engine.

UPR photo
The one hose connects to the top of the valve cover, the other goes sideways into the snout it looks like.

· Registered
Gen 5 Whipple, MMX Custom Grind Cam, Forged Rods and Pistons
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well okay. Maybe this one, this one, or this one helps?
Yea those seem to all be for stock intake manifolds. I guess I will just have to call someone who makes the catch cans or call whipple and see if they can tell me.

This isn't mine, but this is what the Gen 5 Whipple looks like in a challenger/charger.

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

I'm guessing the catch can would go inline with one of the hoses I colored in red.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts