Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reaching out to see where a good place to start on performance modifications. 2019 scat pack. I dont what to get one foot in front of the other so to speak

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I’d start with an unlocked PCM and good chassis dyno tune. Assuming you don’t care about the factory warranty that is. No real performance gains from the usual bolt-on options without the ability for a tune.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
She's plenty fast for me. I did the Hellcat air box, a catch can, and a Scat Pack bee emblem on the rear spoiler. I'm very happy with it now......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the factory warranty I'm really not happy with. It's got a rear main seal leak that every shop I take it to can see it except the dodge dealership. But on to the fun stuff. So on the unlocked PCM what direction would yall suggest. Diablo or like HP tuners

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
72/340. She is plenty fast dont get me wrong I just like to play. Beautiful car btw mine is purple also. And I have been looking there the air box up grades

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well the factory warranty I'm really not happy with. It's got a rear main seal leak that every shop I take it to can see it except the dodge dealership. But on to the fun stuff. So on the unlocked PCM what direction would yall suggest. Diablo or like HP tuners
My engine builder/tuner will only use HP. Once you have that done, you can better mod at your own pace. Long tubes are a nice add for some growl and a few horses. Cam is a popular add but be careful to have someone do it with experience. Needs to be selected per your goals and engine specs. Not just something out of a box because someone says that’s what everyone is using.

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
We have had excellent luck with Diablo products in regards to the unlocked PCM and the I3 tuner is a great option too. What are you going to use the car for mainly ? Also what budget are you trying to stay within ? This will help a lot of us recommend parts we have used.

My first mods:
Catback - Zoomers
Catch Can - Speedlogix S Mount
CAI - Carbon fiber

- Alexis

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
72/340. She is plenty fast dont get me wrong I just like to play. Beautiful car btw mine is purple also. And I have been looking there the air box up grades
I've done mods for 30+ years, just ready for and enjoying a DD now with a few personal touches. The HC airbox and dry AEM make for a deeper intake growl. Plus it's a conversation piece. Post up the mods you choose, I still enjoy seeing what others do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a hundred % sure all I want to do yet I'm still kinda playing with ideas but i do want to start off on a good basis. I have looked at both the HP and the diablo and was leaning twared the HP. I have done a few builds but it has always been something half way done by someone else. Everyone I have had to take steps back to move forward. I'm thinking I want forced induction. But I have one of those already. As of price range that varies lol one day I might have 100 to spend next year might have 10 thousand

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
Do you have good traction? If not, more power will only make that worse ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well traction is ok the first set of tires were gone in about 1200 miles the street slicks are doing alot better but I went cheaper because I want to change the rims

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well traction is ok the first set of tires were gone in about 1200 miles the street slicks are doing alot better but I went cheaper because I want to change the rims
You run slicks on the street? 🙄

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There not an all out slick. And the were cheap I just have them to play with. My best friend owns a tire shop I get everything at cost

1 - 14 of 14 Posts