Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger RT Scat Pack, "Smoke Show" paint, red Brembos, 6 speed w/lots of goodies
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently brought home a new 2020 Challenger Scat Pack. (missing the HK system as was in my GT AWD) setting up the Alpine system and realized that it does not have surround sound. It is listed on the sticker, a $995. option.

Looked it up in the manual and illustrations are different than I have on the screen. No option in the menu for surround sound "on or off " Called the dealership and the salesman said it might need an update. I asked him to check with the service dept before I drive back. No return call ever came. Third day of working this out by phone, any feedback? Kindly note that
this is my 3rd Challenger and I DID go through the the setup, when I push the surround sound (unlit) button, it makes that 'dump' sound. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Are you trying in SiriusXM? Try it in FM HD radio, I don't think it works with XM

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Challenger RT Scat Pack, "Smoke Show" paint, red Brembos, 6 speed w/lots of goodies
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Are you trying in SiriusXM? Try it in FM HD radio, I don't think it works with XM

A Guy
BRAVO !!! You were correct my friend. Setting was ,indeed, in the FM mode. Thanks much.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
70 Posts

A Guy
No! Please say it works with Sirius XM! I have a 2021 Scat on order and I paid the $995 for the extra premium speakers, bigger subwoofer and surround sound that’s in the Alpine Audio Group. I pretty much exclusively listen to 37 Octane unless I Bluetooth my phone to the car and play my rock playlists. I paid the extra because I like rock and I like it mean and loud. Lol. Surely it will work if I Bluetooth my phone to the audio system.

Cindy

·
Banned
173 Posts
Surround Sound? In an automobile? Is this for watching movies in the car? If yes, that's cool! :)

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Recently brought home a new 2020 Challenger Scat Pack. (missing the HK system as was in my GT AWD) setting up the Alpine system and realized that it does not have surround sound. It is listed on the sticker, a $995. option.

Looked it up in the manual and illustrations are different than I have on the screen. No option in the menu for surround sound "on or off " Called the dealership and the salesman said it might need an update. I asked him to check with the service dept before I drive back. No return call ever came. Third day of working this out by phone, any feedback? Kindly note that
this is my 3rd Challenger and I DID go through the the setup, when I push the surround sound (unlit) button, it makes that 'dump' sound. Thanks.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Banned
173 Posts
It's a gimmick. 99% of recorded music is in stereo. Somehow Dodge has created a way to gather all of the musicians, dead and alive, and have them re-record every single song in 5.1 and 7.1.
😂

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
I have to say, I have the surround sound option in my 2016 with the HK stereo system. I have it turned off. It just doesn't sound right to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No! Please say it works with Sirius XM! I have a 2021 Scat on order and I paid the $995 for the extra premium speakers, bigger subwoofer and surround sound that’s in the Alpine Audio Group. I pretty much exclusively listen to 37 Octane unless I Bluetooth my phone to the car and play my rock playlists. I paid the extra because I like rock and I like it mean and loud. Lol. Surely it will work if I Bluetooth my phone to the audio system.

Cindy
I believe that once you push that 'on' it is in use for any music played through.
Whether it is XM or Apple play, etc. And good luck with that great new car !

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
On older systems, one recommendation to improve the sound is to turn OFF surround...not sure if that still applies

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On older systems, one recommendation to improve the sound is to turn OFF surround...not sure if that still applies

A Guy
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds better on, in this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares
It seems that I was trying to get the SURROUND sound in XM mode, it MUST be in the FM mode to be succesful.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
It seems that I was trying to get the SURROUND sound in XM mode, it MUST be in the FM mode to be succesful.
I guess things changed over the years. My 2016 can be in surround sound mode on XM radio. But we are talking about different radio manufacturers here, so maybe that's why? .

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I thought SIRIUS was broadcast in Mono to begin with? I always thought it sounded like garbage, whether in the car, or at work listening with headphones.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The surroundsound also works if you’re playing music from a memory stick or a connected iPod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought SIRIUS was broadcast in Mono to begin with? I always thought it sounded like garbage, whether in the car, or at work listening with headphones.
No I believe it’s in stereo but it’s so heavily compressed that it doesn’t sound as good as FM. At least not FMHD.

But I’ve also found that some stations on SiriusXM sound better than others. I don’t think the problem lies totally in the way it’s broadcast but I think they highly compress it at the station. I guess in order to save memory and bandwidth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts