Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum! Have recently bought a 2010 Dodge Challenger Srt8 about a month ago. I already had installed 1 7/8 Long tube headers, High Flow Cat Mid-Pipe, Straight piped no mufflers, K&N CAI, AFE Pro Tuner, Pedal Commander, and Oil Separator. My question is should I go with a BBK 85mm or 90mm throttle body? I plan on pairing the BBK throttle body with a Throttle Spacer. In near future I plan on getting a Cam installed. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Mopar Fam!

·
Registered
548 Posts
TB spacers are snake oil, don't waste your money.
When going to a larger TB you must enlarge the intake inlet to match the TB, or slightly larger, if you expect any improvement in performance from it.
Too large and there is no support for the o-ring.
I would suggest the 85mm TB, should supply all the air you may need and still have o-ring support.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,681 Posts
IMO unless you are running a whipple (one tuner saw a gain of about 1psi in boost doing so) really no need for a throttle body. I remember there was a member that posted he got the arrington big bore TB and a bored out magnuson snout...spent a pretty penny...and he was very disappointed not as pleased in the gains vs cost.

BTW go to the HP tuners forum, lots of posts with aftermarket TBs being problematic.

Probably best to have your stock unit bored out or get a HC TB kit if you still want to go down this route.

Use the forum search function...lots of threads asking about bigger TBs.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
786 Posts
New to forum! Have recently bought a 2010 Dodge Challenger Srt8 about a month ago. I already had installed 1 7/8 Long tube headers, High Flow Cat Mid-Pipe, Straight piped no mufflers, K&N CAI, AFE Pro Tuner, Pedal Commander, and Oil Separator. My question is should I go with a BBK 85mm or 90mm throttle body? I plan on pairing the BBK throttle body with a Throttle Spacer. In near future I plan on getting a Cam installed. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Mopar Fam!
I'm gonna give the same advice I tell everyone else when it comes to throttle bodies, unless you are making, or planning on making BIG power, a throttle body is a waste of money. The stock unit flows 650-700hp so if you're under that gains will be minimal to none. Is your car custom tuned for the headers? That would help u out some, and congrats on the new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts