Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help my '14 SXT came with a 130 head unit that I replaced with a 430, it also has full uConnect and Satellite features and my windows sticker says I have 6 speakers.

Do I have base or premium audio?

The reason I'm asking is I am thinking about a Mopar Stage III audio upgrade.

Thanks

brian

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the base audio.... they switched to 6 speakers for the base system in 2011 or 2012 I think. I know the older models, like my 2010, the base system only has 4 speakers.

Also I think you have to have one of the systems with a factory sub in it (Kicker, HK, or 8" mounted in the parcel shelf) to have the premium system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million for the reply. It looks like the Mopar Stage III upgrade for base audio only includes 4 speakers, so I guess I'm out of luck. :(

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks a million for the reply. It looks like the Mopar Stage III upgrade for base audio only includes 4 speakers, so I guess I'm out of luck. :(
I think there are Mopar Stage upgrades available for the premium systems too. You might check with Luke at Steve White Motors and ask him. He should be able to tell what will work for you if you give him your vin number.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks again! What is the best way to contact Luke?

brian
"stevewhiteparts" is Luke's forum username. Just PM him about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.