Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Which brake fluid should I be using

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  2ndgen 
#1 · (Edited)
New calipers came today for my Rt. They are brembos 6pfront 4 rear. Which brake fluid should I use to flush and fill the system with. Should I upgrade or continue using same fluid. Never track the car. Just my daily driver.

#4 ·
Use the factory fluid. With no track use -- actually even with some track use -- and a daily driver the factory fluid is quite adequate.

There is no concern about any incompatibility between the fluid that is in the untouched system areas now and what fluid you will be using to flush and then refill/bleed the entire system.

And as the pads/rotors wear and fluid needs to be added you don't have to worry about keeping any special fluid -- unopened -- on hand in the car to use to top up the brake fluid reservoir.

#5 ·
DOT3 is factory fill and DOT4 is "acceptable" per service manuals

#7 ·
Is there anything different about upgrading to dot 4 vs staying with 3 maintenance wise. Why wouldn’t I upgrade.

Use the factory fluid. With no track use -- actually even with some track use -- and a daily driver the factory fluid is quite adequate.

There is no concern about any incompatibility between the fluid that is in the untouched system areas now and what fluid you will be using to flush and then refill/bleed the entire system.

And as the pads/rotors wear and fluid needs to be added you don't have to worry about keeping any special fluid -- unopened -- on hand in the car to use to top up the brake fluid reservoir.
This is it right here correct?

this is it right here correct
Liquid Bottle Fluid Automotive tire Paint

#11 ·
I can also strongly recommend using the power bleeder when flushing your system. Made quick work when soloing the flush by myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.