Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through speedlogix website and every CAI claiming HP Increase differently. Personally I would not care about 5-10 HP gain, but some CAI claims to increase 15-18 HP. How far of it is true and whats the best CAI in market?

Also does that mean , a combo installation of CAI and Catback Exhaust will make the car increase aroun d 20-25 HP?

Any inputs would be really helpful. Any recommendations for any brand?

:)

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Don't expect any HP gains. Published numbers are just a marketing game. Cooler AIT's can be expected with some units, and that just means better drivability as heat soak temps are reduced quicker, and stay lower at cruising speeds

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
A CAI on the Challenger is more about look and sound. No difference in seat of pants feeling...

What he said ^^^

There are different brands of CAI's. so choose the one that is most appealing to your eye. I would also recommend a dry filter over an oiled one.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
A CAI on the Challenger is more about look and sound. No difference in seat of pants feeling...

Yep, and with the HC air box top/filter/tube mod on '15+ cars, there's not even any sound increase, just reduced AIT's.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, that sums up to not modifying anything related to CAI or Exhaust as I am quite happy with the sound. I was giving a second thought just for some HP gain . Thank you guys , helped a lot. Also if you check and input your comments on these two other posts, that would help me to return the products sooner. Btw, i've SRT392 N/A.

Catch Can

Breather Cap

Thank you again :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might see better throttle response with a CAI, but unless you get into more serious mods like a beefier CAM or headers (plus tune of course) they wont make much of a difference.

They're great mods to start with though because of sound and definitely benefit when you have more serious mods in the future!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alien, you have posted about all of these mods before. What advice are you expecting to be different this time? These are fairly minor mods and the differences will be minimal. Pick one you like because of the name or looks or whatever, and go with it.

You're really overthinking all this. Double catch cans... why?? The breather cap... did you see the end of the description where it says it reduces the effectiveness of the stock PCV system and is NOT emmisions legal? Why are you even looking at that?

No need to reinvent the wheel here. I know it's fun and cool to do some mods. But, you're going well past reasonable on these minor mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts