Dodge Challenger Forum banner
181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,544 Posts
standard 9.5" width wheels! now I understand why you're looking for the correct WB wheels

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
standard 9.5" width wheels! now I understand why you're looking for the correct WB wheels
Yes, I was a little confused as well. Now I see the light.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
I hate the wheels. They aren’t wide enough for the Widebody! I love the devils rim design!
I dumped my Devil's Wheels for a set of these, from a Charger Hellcat Daytona Widebody. I think they look way better!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,221 Posts
Makes me wonder why anyone would downsize the wheels on their widebody?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Well, sorry…..I guess some questions just can’t be answered. I’m sure the car has been looked over carefully, but those kinds of ”mods” would raise a lot more questions that probably couldn’t be answered.

·
Registered
2020 R/T 392 Scat Pack Widebody
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Well, sorry…..I guess some questions just can’t be answered. I’m sure the car has been looked over carefully, but those kinds of ”mods” would raise a lot more questions that probably couldn’t be answered.
Always going to be negative comments wherever you go! Always the bain of car forums! 🙄

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You may be a bit too sensitive I think. I‘m merely stating that I would have more than just the normal questions about a car when the previous owner has done a few things that are unorthodox. My sincere hope is that the car turns out to be everything you hope it to be. I have been following this thread for a while. My questions are about the previous owners‘s choices and not pointed at you…

Best of luck

·
Super Moderator
17,544 Posts
Makes me wonder why anyone would downsize the wheels on their widebody?
I think the previous owner sold them, might have had aftermarket wheels

then decided to sell / keep the aftermarket wheels and had to find something.

Those '15 - '17 Hellcat 9.5" wheels were also used on Dynamic Pkg equipped Scat Packs (they got 6 piston brakes and the 275/40 w/ 9.5" wheels)

·
Registered
91 Posts
First Indigo Blue car I've seen with the Ruby Red interior besides mine. Awesome!
I thought you could only get it with White, Granite or Black... Which is why we went with Granite for our build. Oh well, the other options we were considering were F8 or Frostbite, and according to the build & price tool, those colors do not allow the red interior. The Granite will still look awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
I thought you could only get it with White, Granite or Black... Which is why we went with Granite for our build. Oh well, the other options we were considering were F8 or Frostbite, and according to the build & price tool, those colors do not allow the red interior. The Granite will still look awesome!
Man yeah. Granite with red will be killer! I was very surprised when it let me combine the 2. Tried it with GoMango just for fun and it said no to that.

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
Indigo was always available with red interior, it was B5 Blue and Frostbite that never allowed it.

Also Jazz (Contusion) Blue also allowed the red interior.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
So just ordered some devils rims wheels for it and put it back to more OEM spec. I decided on the Devils Rim as I kinda preferred the colour and design of the wheels over the Carbon Black ones (which my car was optioned with from factory). Looking forward to getting them on.
So when the new wheels arrive, I will put the Hellcat wheels up for sale.
The only other things I’m planning on doing is adding a CAI kit and a strut brace.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
So just ordered some devils rims wheels for it and put it back to more OEM spec. I decided on the Devils Rim as I kinda preferred the colour and design of the wheels over the Carbon Black ones (which my car was optioned with from factory). Looking forward to getting them on.
So when the new wheels arrive, I will put the Hellcat wheels up for sale.
The only other things I’m planning on doing is adding a CAI kit and a strut brace.
Which strut brace are you planning on. Surprised you like the stock wheels over the optional ones. I much prefer my carbon black wheels. But to each his own!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
I do like the carbon black wheels but in pics (I know they could look completely different in person!) I found the carbon black wheels very hidden with the color. The Devils Rim wheels were a slightly nicer design IMHO I felt and the grey contrasted nice with the Indigo. I managed to get a set of Devils rim wheels and tires (with 200 miles on them) for $2000 delivered.

Car finally has the ACC fixed and working. Just need to get a few things fixed on the bodywork.
Ordered a Sto n’ Sho license plate holder and ZL1 front mud guards (one was missing on my car).
Hope to ship the car to the UK in the second week of January.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Little update. Got the paint chips, rear parking scratches and clear coat issues all sorted and the new wheels fitted:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

181 - 200 of 230 Posts