·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
17,544 Posts
I do like the carbon black wheels but in pics (I know they could look completely different in person!) I found the carbon black wheels very hidden with the color. The Devils Rim wheels were a slightly nicer design IMHO I felt and the grey contrasted nice with the Indigo. I managed to get a set of Devils rim wheels and tires (with 200 miles on them) for $2000 delivered.

Car finally has the ACC fixed and working. Just need to get a few things fixed on the bodywork.
Ordered a Sto n’ Sho license plate holder and ZL1 front mud guards (one was missing on my car).
Hope to ship the car to the UK in the second week of January.
That's great progress! - there's probably not that many WB models around in the UK

I hope you have a garage to park it inside - and hopefully not on the roads in the winter. Lots of car programs I watch in the UK - the road salt there really wreaks havoc on the bodywork.
- the rear quarter by the wheel wheel opening is vulnerable to corrosion if running in areas with salted roads for snow...seen it turn up on Northeast cars here in the 'states

·
Registered
2020 R/T 392 Scat Pack Widebody
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 · (Edited)
That's great progress! - there's probably not that many WB models around in the UK

I hope you have a garage to park it inside - and hopefully not on the roads in the winter. Lots of car programs I watch in the UK - the road salt there really wreaks havoc on the bodywork.
- the rear quarter by the wheel wheel opening is vulnerable to corrosion if running in areas with salted roads for snow...seen it turn up on Northeast cars here in the 'states
There are roughly 7 SPWB’s in the UK and mine is the only one that is Indigo. All the other ones, bar one, are base spec as well. Mine has all the options bar the Carbon and appearance packs.
Garages in the UK will not fit a car of this size. All garages, parking spaces, parking lots in the UK are still built to the same size as an average 60’s car (I think the Ford Anglia was the base size used) and this has never been updated! Absolutely crazy and that’s why so many cars in the UK suffer parking damage and dings! Modern European cars don’t fit in garages so a Yank tank definitely won’t! Lol. At least in the US you have proper garages where you can work on cars and store them properly.

They do use salt on the roads here but the level of use depends on what part of the country as we get a lot of different weather conditions here. England (where I live) doesn’t get a great amount of snow compared to Scotland.

Can anybody tell me why the new wheels (fitted with the TPMS sensors that came off the original car they were fitted too) wouldn’t sync with the car?

·
Premium Member
10,682 Posts
Can anybody tell me why the new wheels (fitted with the TPMS sensors that came off the original car they were fitted too) wouldn’t sync with the car?
There’s no reason why they wouldn’t work on the new wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
"Yank tank"

That's a new one on me! Love it! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: ScottishChallenger

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
834 Posts
If the sensors that were on the car were "synched" (recognized by the tire pressure monitoring system) and then transferred to the replacement wheels, they may need to be driven a few miles for the TPMS to read which position they are in. I usually have to drive a car a couple of miles at over 40 mph to get them to sync up with the TPM system and read correctly. This does assume that the sensors weren't damaged during the transfer from one set of wheels to the other set.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,580 Posts
There are 7 SPWB’s in the UK and mine is the only one that is Indigo. All the other ones, bar one, are base spec as well. Mine has all the options bar the Carbon and appearance packs.
Garages in the UK will not fit a car of this size. All garages, parking spaces, parking lots in the UK are still built to the same size as an average 60’s car (I think the Ford Anglia was the base size used) and this has never been updated! Absolutely crazy and that’s why so many cars in the UK suffer parking damage and dings! Modern European cars don’t fit in garages so a Yank tank definitely won’t! Lol. At least in the US you have proper garages where you can work on cars and store them properly.

They do use salt on the roads here but the level of use depends on what part of the country as we get a lot of different weather conditions here. England (where I live) doesn’t get a great amount of snow compared to Scotland.
Couldn't you build a garage to fit it or a small barn? :unsure:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 · (Edited)
"Yank tank"

Lol. I’ve no idea where it originated but it’s a common phrase used by Brits to describe big American cars as they are the size of a tank lol.

If the sensors that were on the car were "synched" (recognized by the tire pressure monitoring system) and then transferred to the replacement wheels, they may need to be driven a few miles for the TPMS to read which position they are in. I usually have to drive a car a couple of miles at over 40 mph to get them to sync up with the TPM system and read correctly. This does assume that the sensors weren't damaged during the transfer from one set of wheels to the other set.
Thanks for that. I will pass that onto my agent.

Couldn't you build a garage to fit it or a small barn? :unsure:
Not possible unless you buy a house with abit of land in the countryside. Most houses in the UK are built on smaller plots of land than the US and they already have a garage that due to land size, would not be possible to extend.
Plus I live on a military base so my car will be kept outside with my 3 other cars.

·
Registered
228 Posts
"Yank tank"

Comes from sheer size of your average American car in 50's/60's/70's that made it over here - either imported or with American forces stationed over here (they get some good deals - and sometimes sell them on to locals - you used to see lots around the USAF bases over here) - compare those with the average English family car around that time that was around the size of 90's Geo Metro!

There's a lot of roads over here where you feel every inch of the width of a Challenger, and even more when something comes the other way. On my back road route home, the door mirrors can be brushing the vegetation at both sides!

Mine fits in my UK double garage fine . . . at an angle diagonally across it ;) I wanted working room all around it to prepare it for the required inspection to be allowed to register it here - changing the rear lights to add amber turn signals and rear fog lights, adding white front marker lights, while keeping the amber turn signal, adding side repeater turn signals, etc. If I removed my work bench across the rear wall, it would have fitted more normally.

They are around the same size as a larger BMWs etc, so not really much of a problem usually - you have to be a little careful parking as the usual UK parking space is around US "compact" size - they fit, but all it needs is some careless person, or someone in an SUV, or anyone with kids (who haven't yet learnt you don't HAVE to open a door fully, at speed . . ) to park alongside, and . . .

I'm not sure how you would know how many are really in the UK as all the UK registration document (in effect, a country wide title) simply states "Dodge" and "2-axle rigid bodied" - no mention of Challenger or anything else. All due to it not officially being sold over here (or Europe) so there is no code-number to identify it in the system, so it cannot be entered.

So search for "Dodge" and "2-axle rigid bodied" will get you anything imported - a Ram pickup, van, Charger, Challenger.

Whereas something officially sold here you should be able to search for info down to model designation - ie if the Challenger was official, you could tell how many SXTs or SRTs etc there were.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
I'm not sure how you would know how many are really in the UK
@Bricol I meant roughly, and I got my numbers from how many SPWB’s are in the UK Challenger Owners Club and from how many have been sold by the very small numbers of Importers that actually have sold some in the UK. Obviously that doesn’t include people like myself, who have imported one personally, but I doubt there will be many of those.
It certainly seems to be amongst the rarest models of Challengers over here amongst the much larger numbers of R/T’s and Hellcats.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I’ve created an Instagram page for my car and you can all follow it here if you like:

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,221 Posts
I’m sure after this long ordeal you’ll be darned glad to have it arrive so you can finally get behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Does the JLT airbox have a hole in the front, so that aFe tube will match up? Or are you going to cut the hole yourself?

Good call on the Splash Guards. You may want to buy their side extenders, too. They help block the rocks and stuff from chipping your rear flares, which WILL happen. You should even add Paint Protection Film (PPF) to the front of all 4 flares for max protection.

The mates in England are gonna flip out over your car! I've been to Bristol twice for work, which was real cool. Cruising the streets in England is going to turn some heads with your car.

Reactions: ScottishChallenger

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
She's a beauty! Hope it has a safe trip to you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Why the Hellcat badge on a Scat Pack?
Read the previous comments!!! Previous owner put it on. It’s coming off when I finally receive the car.

Does the JLT airbox have a hole in the front, so that aFe tube will match up? Or are you going to cut the hole yourself?

Good call on the Splash Guards. You may want to buy their side extenders, too. They help block the rocks and stuff from chipping your rear flares, which WILL happen. You should even add Paint Protection Film (PPF) to the front of all 4 flares for max protection.

The mates in England are gonna flip out over your car! I've been to Bristol twice for work, which was real cool. Cruising the streets in England is going to turn some heads with your car.
Yes it has the tube to connect to the headlight inlet as well as the inlet above it from the scoops so 2 sources of cold air for the CAI.
PPF is definitely getting applied. I didn’t like the look of the side extenders originally but might consider them to help save the paint as I live in the countryside with quite bad roads.

201 - 220 of 230 Posts