Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were about to buy a new challenger, which year would you buy - 2010 or 2011? I've noticed that a lot of features now come standard on the 2011. On the other hand, the 2010's are getting big discounts.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Personally, I'd weigh the benefits of the options between the two and discount the year of the make until it comes to the bottom line. If we're speaking only a few thousand different and the options are fairly close, 2011. If it's more than say 8 grand different and you get enough of the options you want, 2010.

I would not think twice and buy another 2010 if I had the money right now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Which One ?

For me it was easy, I found a great deal on a 2011 rt classic that I could not pass up. The differences are not huge however they are noticeable. I had an 09 rt and I am in love with my new one even more than I thought was possible. I think you would be happier with the 2011 if at the right price. Money talks bulls!$T walks. I think you can find a new for the right price. Good Luck

·
Registered
402 Posts
Depends. I decided to wait for the 2011 because I liked the changes that they made to the suspension and the steering (the new steering ratio is better than the old, and would be very difficult to put in the 2010). Also the little amenities that are now on the car (illuminated cup holders, the keyless entry, new steering wheel, the new drivers to allow easy access to the back, and the auto AC)- these differences would minimize the price if I tried to put them in the 2010. The price difference for me wasn't substantial especially for the extras that come with the car.. But the 2010 is still a very good car and if those differences are not important to you, you can have a 2010 for a good price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would go with the 2010.
There are good deals to be had right now, and could get a new Challenger.
To me, the 2011 changes are nice, but not worth the difference in price.

Besides, have never been a fan of the auto A/C. Had it in my wife's old 4runner, and did not care for it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'd have gone with a 2010 rt classic, Im not a fan of the changes that were made for 2011, and all those fancy new options and gizmos and gadgets dont mean crap to me. 2010 had what I wanted, I wouldnt undo it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I ordered a 2011 Classic because I wanted the upgrades. But what sealed the deal was that the exact car in 2010 listed for $4,000 more. The 2011 Classic includes the electronics convenience package $1165, HID headlights $695, 6spd is standard $995. Even with rebates, the 2010 couldn't touch the price of the 2011. The RT and RT Plus are discounted vs. 2010. Also, Dodge is offering $1000 rebate for 2011 RT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts