Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a Diablo tuner, I don't know which one would work best for me, T-1000 or the in-tune I1000 DCX.

I would love to put in tire size, fan speed and maybe learn a bit from the thing. Any input would be great.

This is for a 2012 Challenger SRT8

Thanks

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
If you are just looking to Tune - the inTune is all you really need. The Trinity is a great piece...but there are probably a good portion of people out there that will never use all of its features. The actual tune is the same on the Trinity and inTune. The inTune is also much easier to deal with on the computer as well since it requires no software to update. The Trinity requires DS Downloader to update and use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was in the same situation and while the predator is good for the pre loaded as well as getting custom the ability to adjust parameters or customize is very little to none. With that being said, my understanding is that the in tune is a direct replacement, only it is touch screen. I pulled the trigger and went with the trinity to be able to customize as well as have the ability to use different settings.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Hi Kevin, I also own a 2012 SRT Challenger. Just bought and installed the Intune DCX I purchased from Maryland Speed. Very good pricing from them and they are a supporting vendor.
So far I am happy - you can adjust fan speeds, install the canned tunes, adjust for tires size, raise the rpm limits etc. About $150.00 cheaper than the fullblown Trinity. Works for my simple uses.
I believe that for 2011+ you need the DCX model as the regular T1000 model is for older vehicles.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to use the tuner to learn about what I can do with my car. As I learn more about the track and learn more behind the use of a tool like this. I want to expand my knowledge and use my car to the fullest.

It is not like the old days where all you needed is a tool box and a good ear. to tune one up.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to put on an exhaust cat-back from zoomers on with cutouts, 180 degree thermostat (fan speed)
I have a CAI from Mopar on now.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Kevin, I also have installed the 180 T-stat. Hence one of the reasons I purchased the DCX Intune to lower my fan settings. Being in Minnesota my car has been running really cool anyways! (lol). I lowered my fan settings to 195 (LS) 200 (MS) and 205(HS) as I don`t want the fans to run ALL the time when hot weather does finally get here. Right now I am in a trial period to see what the car actually runs temp wise when summer gets here. I just don`t like to see 215-225 temp readings!!

If you don`t mind let me know how those Zoomer`s work out for you. I have been considering them also. My car is an A5 trans and I think the Zoomer`s might sound better on the 6 spds??

Oh yes, mine is also Black with the Silver stripes! -- lol

·
Banned
697 Posts
Intune is best if you want to just install a tune and be done with it.

The Trinity on the other hand while installing the same tunes, mounts in your car like a GPS, and shows virtual drag strip, and virtual gauges. Also, the Trinity will work with any car Diablo supports, where the intune is starting to become more fragmented.

Either one you get, remember to PM or call us for a great Challengertalk discount:)

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have done some research, and with your guys help I think I am going with the trinity. Now to the next phase price shopping.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does the Trinity have to stay connected? Or can it be used like an Intune and be disconnected. Or left in if I want to.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I understand is that you upload the tune your car comes with, then download a better tune. I do not think with the trinity you have to keep it plugged in unless you want to use some of the goodies that come with it like the 0-60, Christmas tree, etc. But if you have the SRT it comes with most of that already. The trinity comes with some options that I need that does not come with the intune.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Trinity for resale value or the possibility of it working on your future car. The menu systems and touch screen are way more responsive on the Trinity as well. The Intune screen lag killed me. You can log external sensors with out the need of a laptop connected as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So with a trinity, can u put in a canned tune and the disconnect? Or does it have to stay conmected to the car.
And to data log, do you have to have a laptop in the car with you or does it save in the trinity and then you can hook up to a desktop and view

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
510 Posts
So with a trinity, can u put in a canned tune and the disconnect? Or does it have to stay conmected to the car.
And to data log, do you have to have a laptop in the car with you or does it save in the trinity and then you can hook up to a desktop and view

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, you put the tune in and then disconnect the handheld and put it somewhere safe.

You leave the tuner plugged in to datalog, then remove it and plug it in to your computer and use Diablos viewing software to look at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts