Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant tell for sure which kind. I've seen special mixes for special cases. I dont know what limited slip is. Dont know if I have it and dont know what mix my car requires. Please advise. The manual is not clear it just says for 5.7 Hemi use 75w90 with mopar Hydroid additive.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Doubt you have limited slip, any parts store synthetic 75W-90 is all you need, buy 2 quarts.

Should look like this ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
What transmission do you have?

Generally the limited slip units were on the 6 speed manual cars standard.

A5 cars have the "one leg" burn out" unit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its automatic

What if its got limited slip cause its the anniversary ? Bcause it should have "tuned suspension"

Limited slip is optional on automatic it can be there

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
LSD would still be optional, look underneath and see what it looks like. If Open then any 75W-90 synthetic is good, no additive needed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LSD would still be optional, look underneath and see what it looks like. If Open then any 75W-90 synthetic is good, no additive needed.

I just checked. Its LSD. What should I use ?

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
I just checked. Its LSD. What should I use ?
Same gear oil but add a bottle of the Mopar additive from your dealer or a 1/2 bottle of TransX.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same gear oil but add a bottle of the Mopar additive from your dealer or a 1/2 bottle of TransX.

Dear are you sure of the pictures ? Thats the difference between LImited and open ?

Also If I use royal purple oil (it comes already with additive) is it enough or should I add something ??

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Yes, the LSD has the cooling fins and is made by Getrag, totally different than the open rear.

Royal Purple is fine either way but I would still use the additive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the LSD has the cooling fins and is made by Getrag, totally different than the open rear.

Royal Purple is fine either way but I would still use the additive.

Thank you very much. This took me so long to figure out. 2 bottles of royal purple oil plus 1 mopar additive ?

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Thank you very much. This took me so long to figure out. 2 bottles of royal purple oil plus 1 mopar additive ?
Yes, should take almost 2 quarts. Take the fill plug out be the drain plug. Put a quart in, then the additive then top off til it dribbles out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, should take almost 2 quarts. Take the fill plug out be the drain plug. Put a quart in, then the additive then top off til it dribbles out.

My mileage now is 75K Kilos. Not sure if the previous owner used to change it before. I heard it should not be changed cause the gears are worn and depend on the bad oil.

Is it too late to change it now assuming it was never changed ??

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
My mileage now is 75K Kilos. Not sure if the previous owner used to change it before. I heard it should not be changed cause the gears are worn and depend on the bad oil.

Is it too late to change it now assuming it was never changed ??
Heard that about transmissions but never a rear end, I would change it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heard that about transmissions but never a rear end, I would change it.

My next goal is the transmission but in the manual dodge said it should be changed after 120k kilos so it should be alright anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts