Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 13 rt is a no option car.the radio heater ac controls are all located and work similar to what im used to for last 50 years.however I also have a 13 journey which has a computer screen where these controls are which I hate.i have to take my eyes off the road to study this thing to do anything.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I hate climate controls in the screen like that too, you should be able to "feel" your way around climate controls, however I do have the touch screen type radio which I do like, it can be mostly controlled with the steering wheel buttons so I seldom have to "look" at it to do something. I hope Dodge get's this right with the new 2015+ Challenger.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I abhor touch screen radios. I did get the upgraded radio in my base R/T, but it has two knobs for volume & tuning and looks like a radio, not a T.V. I fiddle with the audio controls a lot, especially when I switch from FM or CD to AM (news on my way to work). I don't want to have to try to figure out where the bass and balance controls are by looking at the touch screen.

A related story is when I ordered my car, I took a car for a drive they had on the lot, and it had a touch screen radio. I was poking around on that thing for quite a while before I found the audio controls; no thank you.

Automatic climate control and automatic headlights are other items I don't care for. My wife's car has both, and I don't like either.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
lol my parents have a new Ford SUV with touch screen everything...they don't even use it cause they can't figure the thing out. For me the look is cool but that is about it with touch screens.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
My wife's Mom has steering wheel controls for the radio and other functions. Nope, don't like them either.

I'm not that old fashioned, but what's wrong with reaching over and turning one of two knobs to adjust the radio? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
. . . with touch screen everything...they don't even use it cause they can't figure the thing out. . .
That's it in a nutshell! Why complicate driving more? It's bad enough with traffic these days where we need to be more alert than ever to keep safe. No sense in trying to figure out how to adjust something while driving 65 mph and looking at your dashboard mini-T.V.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was driving rt the other day and noted how similar the controls were to the controls in my 69 superbee and how happy I am with no screen there.thought it may be that im still living in stone age.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have no EVIC, no electronic conv. group, no steering wheel controls, no push start, no touch screen. I really like how simply and easy it is to adjust anything inside my Challenger. :icon7:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Purposely sought out a R/T Classic with just the Heritage wheels and Super Track Pack. No sunroof, no Nav, etc. Easier to use and MORE retro. However, if I were getting a SRT again (had 2010 that was LOADED with everything), I think I would get all the goodies because the SRT is the luxury performance car of the lineup. I would skip the sunroof again though. The 2015 infotainment will be great unlike the clunky old blue screen Nav system that debuted on this car.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
I like the manual 3 knob H&V system in my 09 SRT. ANY automotive system where you have to take your eyes off the road to operate the basic vehicle systems should be outlawed!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I like the manual 3 knob H&V system in my 09 SRT. ANY automotive system where you have to take your eyes off the road to operate the basic vehicle systems should be outlawed!
Well hold on now, settle down there sheriff. If you don't like something, don't get it. Don't make the rest of us suffer. There are too many laws already for a free country.

I like the touch screens, I like the auto temp controller. I have no problem setting down and figuring something out if it is something that I really want to use. It is the same thing every time I get a new cell phone.

My radio has tried to kill me a couple of times but I have learned to use the steering wheel controls and I can set the auto temp controller before I take my car out of park.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,022 Posts
I hate touch screen controls, buttons and knobs you can adjust without taking your eye off the road, touch screens are worthless in that reguard.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i for one never even wanted a car with a/c and was fine with no heat, today i WANT IT ALL!!!!.. If im making a payment what is a extra 50 dollars a month to have it all?? and then again when it comes to resale value having it all is all that counts these days. look at a bare bones car at trade in or for sale by owner compared to fully loaded. I KNOW I KNOW YOU ARE NEVER SELLING YOUR CAR !!!! awful lotta used challengers out there and i bet "MOST" will be to sooner or later,soon as the next greatest one comes out!!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to me this is a hobby the rt is my bass boat and golf club membership its worth at least 50.00 a month to me not to have the screen in the middle of the dash.resale value was never a consideration

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't like the radio controls that are on the back of the steering wheel, I keep hitting them accidently.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
didn't know they were there till I started this thread.1st car with sirius usually just flip from 50s to 60s really like year of free Sirius but probably wont renew

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Another Ford innovation....

Ford is making cars with knobs for stereo and other functions (a move from pure touch screen). Touch screens are just as distracting as cell phones---which have been proven to impair driving at least as bad as alcohol. I ordered my SRT with a 430N vice my current 730N. Because I didn't use 80% of the features.

The answer to your question is....yes. Simple is better. I keep reading articles about how the Challenger console needs improvement. I disagree. The gages are retro...because the car is retro. I love the "4 Round Gages." They match the motif...and are classic looking.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so the little buttons on the left of the sterring wheel is that evic started dicking with them one day and suddenly everthings in Spanish the milage is in km .got one of my kids to straighten that mess out.havent touched them since.i figure my gauges and a little common sense will tell me all I really need to know

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well hold on now, settle down there sheriff. If you don't like something, don't get it. Don't make the rest of us suffer. There are too many laws already for a free country.

I like the touch screens, I like the auto temp controller. I have no problem setting down and figuring something out if it is something that I really want to use. It is the same thing every time I get a new cell phone.

My radio has tried to kill me a couple of times but I have learned to use the steering wheel controls and I can set the auto temp controller before I take my car out of park.

I'm with you brotha. Give me all the bells and whistles please. Some people prolly didn't like inside toilets either. But I like crapping in heated bathroom too ha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts