Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Everyone. I just had an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger installed. I am having a problem tuning it. The kit came with an upgraded fuel pump and injectors now the pump appears to be a problem. I have a Cam, long tube headers, larger throttle body, no cats and twin aero turbine mufflers. The boost pressure is at 6 psi but i want to go to 8 psi but the fuel pump won't handle that. Which pump should i go with. I am trying to get 625 hp at the Crank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I have an R/T 5.7. I purchased a smaller pulley the other day. The one that came with the kit is 3.5" and I got a 3.25" which should give a 2 lb increase. However it appears that I currently have 6 lbs of Boost according to the Dyno. I bought today a Boost gauge which will confirm my Boost pressure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Reactions: chizzle1

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,993 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This is the pump I am running.

I am seriously considering adding the factory basket to the Fore setup I have.
If the fuel level gets below 1/2 tank I can't take any hard left corners at WOT without getting fuel starvation.
I'm on the fence between adding the basket or getting a holley hydramat...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
If the fuel level gets below 1/2 tank I can't take any hard left corners at WOT without getting fuel starvation.
I fill up when my tank reaches half full because the Fore Innovation is cooled by the fuel, and the cooler the system is kept, the less preventive maintenance it will require. I have never experienced fuel starvation.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Mine is installed in the stock fuel hat basket.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I fill up when my tank reaches half full because the Fore Innovation is cooled by the fuel, and the cooler the system is kept, the less preventive maintenance it will require. I have never experienced fuel starvation.
That would require me to stop for fuel every 90 miles...

Mine is installed in the stock fuel hat basket.
Nice. I may try that first since I still have the stock setup and it costs nothing except my time.
I thought I had a fuel transfer problem so I replaced the entire passenger side assembly, still have the fueling issue when taking left turns.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
That would require me to stop for fuel every 90 miles...
That sounds just like the '68 GTO I had back in the day. It got nine miles to the gallon on the freeway after I modded it...

Right now I'm very anxious waiting to get my Shaker on a dyno to find out how close I've gotten to achieving 800 rwhp...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That sounds just like the '68 GTO I had back in the day. It got nine miles to the gallon on the freeway after I modded it...

Right now I'm very anxious waiting to get my Shaker on a dyno to find out how close I've gotten to achieving 800 rwhp...
Nice.
That is about what I'm getting now...went from 17/26 with ~385hp 5.7 to 9/11 with ~500hp 7.0 stroker
I'm shooting for 850 when I go forced induction...if I get the fuel situation resolved.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
179 Posts
I've heard lots of people saying their fuel economy went down after doing a 426 stroker but noone ever mention the numbers, and it's going to get lower with a blower. thanks for that info!

i bought the car because it will go 340 miles or 5 days for my commute to work compared to the car i replaced it with (3 days). after supercharger, im back at the pump every 3 days:).i know i can squeeze 4 days but that will be emptying the tank and it's not good starving for fuel with blower.

btw, i have a2speed fuel pump A2Speed Drop-In Single Pump Billet Fuel System| A2Speed.com
SteveWhite used to sell this but not sure why its not on their website anymore. btw, I can hear the fuel pump at 1/4 tank and one reason to fill up.

Nice.
That is about what I'm getting now...went from 17/26 with ~385hp 5.7 to 9/11 with ~500hp 7.0 stroker
I'm shooting for 850 when I go forced induction...if I get the fuel situation resolved.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Nice.
If you boost it you're probably going to get 100 to 150 more horse power, depending on how you do it. One of the best features of my Magnuson is that it doesn't increase fuel consumption when I'm just cruising because of the bypass in it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I've heard lots of people saying their fuel economy went down after doing a 426 stroker but noone ever mention the numbers, and it's going to get lower with a blower. thanks for that info!

i bought the car because it will go 340 miles or 5 days for my commute to work compared to the car i replaced it with (3 days). after supercharger, im back at the pump every 3 days:).i know i can squeeze 4 days but that will be emptying the tank and it's not good starving for fuel with blower.

btw, i have a2speed fuel pump A2Speed Drop-In Single Pump Billet Fuel System| A2Speed.com
SteveWhite used to sell this but not sure why its not on their website anymore. btw, I can hear the fuel pump at 1/4 tank and one reason to fill up.
Thankfully this isn't my commuter, I purchased an 03 Corolla for work duty at gets about 35 mpg (squirrel power! lol). The Ram ED hauls the family and trailer.
One reason the mileage on the Challenger is so low is I have to run E85 due to compression. When I was running 93 I could get about 14 around town but was getting some predetonation/knock when accelerating.

If you boost it you're probably going to get 100 to 150 more horse power, depending on how you do it. One of the best features of my Magnuson is that it doesn't increase fuel consumption when I'm just cruising because of the bypass in it.
My local tune tech says I should get approximately 40-50% more power with a larger Maggie or procharger F-series.
We'll see. Fully forged & balanced I should be able to run a max of 20 lbs of boost.

Reactions: gerv and Gila Hemi

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I pulled the factory basket apart last night and will see if the fore hat will fit inside.
I noticed the factory setup has a one way valve in the bottom of the basket and a secondary return near the bottom of the factory pump.
I also ordered the hydramat, so hopefully in a week or so my fueling problems will be no more. Holley HOL 16-111 Hydra Mat

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Maybe I should go back to a return-less style setup? Seems some of the newer returnless style setups are able to keep up, and easier to install.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Thankfully this isn't my commuter, I purchased an 03 Corolla for work duty at gets about 35 mpg (squirrel power! lol). The Ram ED hauls the family and trailer.
One reason the mileage on the Challenger is so low is I have to run E85 due to compression. When I was running 93 I could get about 14 around town but was getting some predetonation/knock when accelerating.

My local tune tech says I should get approximately 40-50% more power with a larger Maggie or procharger F-series.
We'll see. Fully forged & balanced I should be able to run a max of 20 lbs of boost.
I'm only going to run 14 lbs of boost and the compression will be about 9:1..

41 - 60 of 81 Posts