Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm only going to run 14 lbs of boost and the compression will be about 9:1..
I may end up installing heads that have a larger combustion chamber to help lower the static compression ratio enough to allow me to run pump gas.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
so this arrived yesterday. I am hoping I get time to install it this weekend.

20200302_132339.jpg
20200302_132350.jpg

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Installation was pretty easy. I waited until I only had a few gallons left in the tank so as not to make a mess. When you compare the size of the supplied pre-filter to the size of this hydromat, this should definitely fix the issue.
I don't know why anyone would try using something that small without a basket, anytime the fuel sloshes around its going to cavitate.
I'll update once I get closer to half a tank remaining if this fixes the problem.

20200308_201227.jpg
20200308_184752.jpg
20200308_201222.jpg
20200308_183446.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
20200308_184746.jpg

Reactions: gerv

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
update: I can now drift and corner (below 1/2 tank) again without getting fuel starvation.
I can also travel further between refuels, as before the install I would start getting starvation issues below 1/4 tank.
I don't usually drive with less than 1/4 fuel in the tank, but on short road trips it make a difference in the frequency of stops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do not skimp fuel is the life of the car besides oil. U go cheap and have a issue specially on a blower and you will remember it and so will your wallet
Get this unless you are going monster monster hp

API Competition Single Pump Fuel System - shopHEMI.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it comes to replacing the fuel pump for an 08 Charger, all I see is people replacing complete assembly, can someone point me to the right fuel pump the plugs right in, just the pump not the assembly.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
When it comes to replacing the fuel pump for an 08 Charger, all I see is people replacing complete assembly, can someone point me to the right fuel pump the plugs right in, just the pump not the assembly.
Most people replace the entire assembly to supply the correct amount/type of fuel by converting to a return style system that is E85 compatible. This may or may not be necessary for your application depending your goals regarding hp/tq/fuel.
If you do replace the assembly ensure to get a Hydramat to prevent fuel starvation issues when cornering.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
@chizzle1, with the Hydra mat, in your Opinion, can 2 of those 16-111's be used with the Fore Dual Hat setup? This is the setup I have for my forced induction build, and I'm concerned about the supplied filters keeping up with dual 525's. Let me know what you think, as I plan to order 2 of them this week.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,993 Posts
@Chizzle1, with the Hydra mat, in your Opinion, can 2 of those 16-111's be used with the Fore Dual Hat setup? This is the setup I have for my forced induction build, and I'm concerned about the supplied filters keeping up with dual 525's. Let me know what you think, as I plan to order 2 of them this week.
Why would filters supplied by the manufacturer be a problem?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
@ Chizzlw1, with the Hydra mat, in your Opinion, can 2 of those 16-111's be used with the Fore Dual Hat setup? This is the setup I have for my forced induction build, and I'm concerned about the supplied filters keeping up with dual 525's. Let me know what you think, as I plan to order 2 of them this week.
yes, I think they should be able to sit parallel to each other without a problem. edit: orientate them so the long end of the hydra-mat is toward the passenger side of the tank, if some of the mat is contacting fuel it will still draw.
the other thing that I was thinking about doing was trying to stuff the new assembly into the old basket, i'm not sure how that would work out though.
If the kit that steve white motors now offers was available when I was doing my build I would have went that route for sure.

Why would filters supplied by the manufacturer be a problem?
They are tiny - see post # 63
I was having an issue anytime fuel dropped below 1/2 tank with fuel starvation when cornering hard left.
Fore said they weren't designed for road course use...the hydra mat resolved the issue, but not before a lot of troubleshooting.
I can now be down to 1/4 tank and still not have any issues, I don't normally drive with less than 1/2 tank but I am now able to go further between fill-ups if needed.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
yes, I think they should be able to sit parallel to each other without a problem. edit: orientate them so the long end of the hydra-mat is toward the passenger side of the tank, if some of the mat is contacting fuel it will still draw.
the other thing that I was thinking about doing was trying to stuff the new assembly into the old basket, i'm not sure how that would work out though.
If the kit that steve white motors now offers was available when I was doing my build I would have went that route for sure.

They are tiny - see post # 63
I was having an issue anytime fuel dropped below 1/2 tank with fuel starvation when cornering hard left.
Fore said they weren't designed for road course use...the hydra mat resolved the issue, but not before a lot of troubleshooting.
I can now be down to 1/4 tank and still not have any issues, I don't normally drive with less than 1/2 tank but I am now able to go further between fill-ups if needed.
I have the Fore Inovations dual pump return system on my Shaker, and it works just fine.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
That's good, my experience was not similar. Maybe the dual pump picks up fuel better, maybe the tank on your model is different, maybe you drive differently...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
That's good, my experience was not similar. Maybe the dual pump picks up fuel better, maybe the tank on your model is different, maybe you drive differently...
Maybe I have more power than a Hellcat...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Maybe I have more power than a Hellcat...
Gila, this post wasn't about who has more power, it's really about gathering information to solve issues that are known when you have big power....... I'm not interested in who is making more power, that's a direct result of how much money you have to spend, and how much knowledge you have of the platform..... I'm trying to prevent potential issues that are known when upgrading fuel systems. I want to be able to use my car with 1/4 tank of fuel, as I'm a drag racer (side note, I make way more power then Demon's but it's not about that). Bottom line for drag racing 1/4 tank of fuel is optimal for weight transfer, so fuel starvation in that scenario is bad for launching, especially with a Manual application. I have enough issues to deal with (self induced I know) as it is...... I'll run the supplied filters from the pump manufacturers however I suspect I'll run into issues as several others have. IF that is the case I also have knowledge now thanks to @chizzle1 that I can run the dual Holley fuel socks and be good. That's what this community should be about, sharing knowledge and make everyone fast.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Gila, this post wasn't about who has more power, it's really about gathering information to solve issues that are known when you have big power....... I'm not interested in who is making more power, that's a direct result of how much money you have to spend, and how much knowledge you have of the platform..... I'm trying to prevent potential issues that are known when upgrading fuel systems. I want to be able to use my car with 1/4 tank of fuel, as I'm a drag racer (side note, I make way more power then Demon's but it's not about that). Bottom line for drag racing 1/4 tank of fuel is optimal for weight transfer, so fuel starvation in that scenario is bad for launching, especially with a Manual application. I have enough issues to deal with (self induced I know) as it is...... I'll run the supplied filters from the pump manufacturers however I suspect I'll run into issues as several others have. IF that is the case I also have knowledge now thanks to @chizzle1 that I can run the dual Holley fuel socks and be good. That's what this community should be about, sharing knowledge and make everyone fast.
My point is that my fuel delivery system functions exactly as intended and flawlessly the way it comes...

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My point is that my fuel delivery system functions exactly as intended and flawlessly the way it comes...
I'm taking your point to heart sir, as I have the exact same Fore Innovations return style setup...... I've heard of others running into issues though, perhaps that was with the earlier hats, I'm not sure, I just know that the Holley Hydramat is one of the solutions to hard cornering and excessive take offs with low fuel levels. I'm certainly willing to try the Fore setup they way it is, as I don't want to spend another couple hundred if I don't have too.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
19 Posts
we will not install a supercharger on a gen 3 Hemi without upgrading to stage one pump and with good reasons, we dont want to loose an engine, things to remember, quality of fuel varies dramatically, ethanol content etc, and you dont need a blower to loose an engine.....

we never skimp when it comes to fuel system and superchargers, probably why we have never lost an engine on the street, and race tracks and full blown race cars dont count.....

Bigred made 741 whps a few weeks ago with a stage one pump and was averaging a 100mphs climbing the hill this past weekend

beyond that level a custom system is required and expect to spend 3k easily

Luke
What pump is this in the stage 1? I have the billet drop in from you now,
Thanks

61 - 80 of 81 Posts