Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a returning member. Bought 2018 Go ManGo RT, then had to sell it (I took a job abroad), quickly came back, and just bought a 2019 Sublime Green RT Scat Pack. Challenger is a special car in a way that has made me so excited about just freaking COLOR. I was doing some research about Heritage Color and High Impact Color (I just learned these are two different things). Now, I believe there are three original High Impact Colors (meaning, they were High Impact Colors between 1969 and 1973) that have not been brought back to the modern Challenger and Charger. Those are

Bright Green - The rarest of all as it was available for only 1969 spring models
Butterscotch/Bahama Yellow - The most subdued of all the "crazy" colors
Citron Yella - The chameleon color

Which one(s) of these colors would you like to see be brought back?

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would also like to see the return of HEMI Orange.

Of the colors the OP has listed, I guess it would have to be the Rallye Green.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Citron Yellow.. It's yellow with a hint of lime green. It looks like it would glow in the dark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be my pick, too. According to the reading I have done on internet, it changes colors depending on the lighting (my Go Mango kind of did that too, especially in pictures I took). Plus, the name itself is funny and controversial (Curious Yellow for Plymouth). Butterscotch would be a good option for those who do not want too much attention, want to somewhat blend in, yet do not want any of those neutral colors.

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Frosty Green G2. That's what my 1974 was, with green vinyl top and green interior. But I'd get another R/T if they brought back Hemi Orange and had the non STP (lowered) suspension.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,501 Posts
Toxic Orange! If Toxic was available in 2015, when we bought Ruby, we'd more than likely have an orange SRT instead of a Granite one!

·
Super Moderator
14,703 Posts
Toxic Orange! If Toxic was available in 2015, when we bought Ruby, we'd more than likely have an orange SRT instead of a Granite one!
Sinamon Stick is the new 2020 color - looks a lot like Toxic Orange from the images

·
Super Moderator
14,703 Posts
Green Go is my favorite, 2017 only...so far.
agree on that, I like Green Go over Sublime - much deeper, saturated color. Offsets really nicely with black graphics.

A friend has a zero-mile T/A 392 in Green Go in his collection

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find it extremely interesting that the original 10 HIP colors included 3 green's, 3 yellow's, 2 oranges' 1 red, 1 purple, and 1 PINK. Normally, you would expect something like 3 or 4 red's, 3 or 4 blue's, then maybe 1 of each of other colors and certainly NO pink. I wonder green and yellow were such popular colors back then. I know the numbers add up to 11, but one color is officially orange on one side and red on the other, so.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wish they’d bring back deep water pearl. On second thought, probably good for me if they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,396 Posts
Apple Krate :)

A Guy

·
Registered
650 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts