Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2010 RT and im about to buy me an intake. which is better??

K&N intake or Mopar intake??????????????

which would you prefer?????

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have a 2010 RT and im about to buy me an intake. which is better??

K&N intake or Mopar intake??????????????

which would you prefer?????
They're both the same. Just pick one that looks better to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so theres no point of getting one then. how about the Strut Tower Brace? is there a front and back or just the front? where can i buy it at?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you are set on buying a short underhood intake, as Andy was saying, C&L or Legmakers are pretty good.

Stack Performance, AEM Brute Force, and Legmaker 4" Fender intakes if you are looking for a fender air pull intake.

Throttle body spacer is a waste.

Mopar makes a front and rear strut brace and Razors Edge has a really decent pair too. Available at speedlogixstore.com. There are other vendors here too with lots of good stuff.

In all, it sounds like you've got the mod bug. Just figure out what you want to do with the R/T first, as far as performance gains go, so then the forum can help you with saving some money before buring it into unnecessary mods.

From a performance standpoint, have you looked into a Predator Tuner and a 180 t-stat?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I want to put a cold air kit on my 2010 R/T 5.7 - can I just bolt this on without harming the engine or do I NEED the predator tune? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I want to put a cold air kit on my 2010 R/T 5.7 - can I just bolt this on without harming the engine or do I NEED the predator tune? Any help is appreciated.
You can bolt on but if I did it all over again, I would buy a Predator Tuner first and then buy a drop in K&N filter with an SRT Air Box (unless you have an R/T 6-speed which already has the same setup as the SRT airbox)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
You don't need the tune for the CAI. Mopar CAI was the first mod I did. It was very easy. Check out Speedys Garage if you need help. He's a forum member here and has excellent how-to videos. The predator has a canned CAI tune.
Do your mods first, then get the predator and pick the tune according to your mods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I bought an SRT intake and will drop one of these into it:

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Listen to Andy he knows. Speedys site is a great resource, for installs. Dont forget to hit the donate button. Why not. Helps keep good info up to our benifit.
FT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts