• 6CYLNDR

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 and getting my first car, so I'm planning which plate I would want. What do you think? Suggestions also appreciated.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm 16 and getting my first car, so I'm planning which plate I would want. What do you think? Suggestions also appreciated.
Depends on what state you are in and if the combination you want is available. Most states have a site where you can check availability.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I like the V6MOPAR plate. I would be curious how many of your friends will know what MOPAR is. Congrat's on getting your first car and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I don't mean to offend you or anyone else for that matter but I think all the options are pretty poor. I'm not a big fan of vanity plates to begin with and I'm not sure why you are trying to highlight that its a V6 or an SE? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those I'm just trying to see where you are coming from and what the thought process is before I offer up some suggestions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mean to offend you or anyone else for that matter but I think all the options are pretty poor. I'm not a big fan of vanity plates to begin with and I'm not sure why you are trying to highlight that its a V6 or an SE? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those I'm just trying to see where you are coming from and what the thought process is before I offer up some suggestions.
I just want it to relate to mopar, challenger, muscle...anything. 6 cylinder stuff is usually not taken, so thats why.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I think typically they aren't taken for a reason - I'd refrain from using it as there really is nothing special about it. There's always one ****** bag BMW M3 owner that gets 'M3' for his vanity plate...I just don't see the reason same goes for getting SRT8 or RT or whatever - those badges are already on the car. If you got a nickname I'd go more with that and let people know its your car.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yungun.. would be cool

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im going to be harsh here

i dont see bragging about having a v6 or muscle in a v6 challenger

id avoid using 'muscle' or 'v6' on your plate...people may tease you

i used to make fun of the guys who had v6 Camaro's when i was 19 and had my 5.0....i was horribly harsh on those kids

i know some v6's are now as fast as my 1990 5.0, but unless your's is a 2011 its not...it may be quick , it may be fun....but i wouldnt brag on it.

sorry....

i got HEMI 392.....im bragging about my motor....no ones gonna make fun of me

stick with something fun about the challenger and move away from the engine....your challenger isnt a muscle car its kind of a poser(ouch!)...sorry, im not a big fan of the base engine on a performance car...still looks nice though..id rather have a used RT than a new SE

how about : LOTSA PEP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to be harsh here

i dont see bragging about having a v6 or muscle in a v6 challenger

id avoid using 'muscle' or 'v6' on your plate...people may tease you

i used to make fun of the guys who had v6 Camaro's when i was 19 and had my 5.0....i was horribly harsh on those kids

i know some v6's are now as fast as my 1990 5.0, but unless your's is a 2011 its not...it may be quick , it may be fun....but i wouldnt brag on it.

sorry....

i got HEMI 392.....im bragging about my motor....no ones gonna make fun of me

stick with something fun about the challenger and move away from the engine....your challenger isnt a muscle car its kind of a poser(ouch!)...sorry, im not a big fan of the base engine on a performance car...still looks nice though..id rather have a used RT than a new SE

Um, I dont mind criticism, but I dont see how LOTSA PEP is good AT ALL. Yes, it will be a 2011, and who the hell is gonna make fun of a dude's first car? I can't imagine
"HA HA! What? You couldn't shell out the extra 10,000 to get a V8? Man, you're pathetic."
Just don't see it happening...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
....your challenger isnt a muscle car its kind of a poser(ouch!)...sorry, im not a big fan of the base engine on a performance car...still looks nice though..id rather have a used RT than a new SE

An SE is a poser? The '70 Challenger's 318 was mated to a 3-speed automatic & produced 230HP. Do you call it a poser as well?

We should step down from our pedestal & embrace all Challengers equally.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im obviously not a fan of the SE

I wouldnt own one...id get a used RT instead if thats what i could afford

I wouldnt own a fast looking car w/ a 318...id get a Honda Civic instead

different strokes for different folks......i hope this poster doesnt brag about his v6 on his license plates...i think i may have put him into reality

i was pretty harsh...i definately admitt that

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
again another person here with deep pockets telling someone what he should buy. I just love how some here just bash the SE. you know sometimes it is not all about going fast there Ricky Bobby.

just go ahead and bash on Hemiwoman too. seems like that 14 sec car holds her own.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Don't let these guys ruin your day with their comments. I have a fast V6 SE and my plate says "HEMIWOMAN". I was going to get FAST V6, but put my nickname on the plate instead.

I personally like SEMUSCL or V6MOPAR. It's your car, get what you want.

How about CMY V6 GO?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Quick Devil's advocate here, Huggy... The OP is 16 and an SE Challenger is a HELL of a lot better than my first car. Or that of any of my friends. Secondly, forward thinking to if I actually have kids some day there is no way I'd let my kid have a car as fast as an R/T or SRT to start with. Even an SE would be pushing it. You might as well hand them a bottle of whisky while you're at it. I totaled my first car and so did many people I know. Some totaled three. And those were slow ass pieces of junk!

/end advocacy...

To OP, also keep in mind that almost every state will let you keep your plates when you move cars. With that in mind, you may want to get something a little more personal to you instead of the vehicle. As another poster said, people already know what the car is. IMO personal plates should be personalized, not carized. :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
I definitely agree with the "make it personal, not something necessarily about the car" philosophy. My user name is mine (HVY MTL) and that's been on two cars of mine now.

But I also say do what YOU really want to do. Don't let any one try to persuade you otherwise.

BTW Congrats on your first car being a Challenger!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
You're probably gonna have the coolest car of all your friends. Don't worry about the motor. I test drove a V6 and almost bought one. I got a really good deal on a R/T, or I would have bought the SE. I wanted a really nice car, not a race car. Plus the insurance on a V8 at your age would probably be a killer.

I was driving a $200 car when I was 16. Be proud of your new Challenger.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now THOSE are the replies I've been looking for! Thanks a lot! I know I may be "spoiled" with my first car being a challenger, but I'm gonna have to have the car for years. Also, the only other affordable cars I don't fit in (Kia Forte Koup mainly), at least not comfortably. I appreciate the input on the personalized not carized, so I guess my options just grew. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Maybe he is proud to put whatever engine is in the Challenger on his LP. If it had a 4 cylndr he would be just as happy since his first car is a chally at 16! So enjoy your car GANGSTAMONEY, and I'm sure he will enjoy his v6 SE Challenger. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts