Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Which model/year to buy?

1340 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Nuffsaid
Hi everyone. I've been doing some searching for used SRT8's as well as pricing RT models. I was wondering what those of you more experienced with this car think of the following.
I have found some 2010 SRT's (6.1L) with very low miles for approximately 35,000. (One has only 750 miles) I have also found some SRT8's with the 392 for approximately 40,000 with similar mileage. I'm also considering an RT because of the bang for the buck, but I've been spoiled by the "feel" of the 392. I question is which is the better buy, considering that it will be my DD.
In particular would a 2010 SRT8 be a good choice compared to a 2013 for $5000-7000 more? Is the newer car worth the extra cost? What are the performance differences? I'm not concerned about the actual age of the car, I have no intention of letting it go for a very long time.
Thank you!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
I can't speak for the SRT folks, but I love my R/T. It's my daily driver, and one heck of a daily driver at that. I get really good gas mileage, especially if I'm doing all highway miles (27.5 mpg is what I got on a trip to Florida last month). In my opinion it's a great bang for the buck. You get plenty of power for the price if you ask me. But I also didn't want an SRT when I was looking for a Challenger anyways. If you're looking for more power then you probably want to go with an SRT, which is where I leave it to the other guys on here. I can say that I've seen a lot of older SRT's for prices similar to newer R/T's, and at low miles. Just takes some searching I guess.

On a side note, welcome to ChallengerTalk and best of luck in finding your Challenger!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.