• GWE hood with matte black scoop

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a GWE SRT8 with decal delete. I will be installing a TA hood. I think I want a complete matte black hood. What do y'all think? Complete matte black or GWE hood with matte black scoop?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
personally I don't like the matte look but if i were to do it i would do the hood gwe and the scoop matte

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Imo go full black hood, but don't go matte. Do a gloss or semigloss/satin. Will look much better and up to date. Matte just has a tough time working on newer cars in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The semi gloss (flat with clear on it) scoop only would look good on the GWE color, If i was to get one I'd do the same that i did with the DY on a GWE. I don't like the all black hood look.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The semi gloss (flat with clear on it) scoop only would look good on the GWE color, If i was to get one I'd do the same that i did with the DY on a GWE. I don't like the all black hood look.
That does look good with the DY.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
You might want to consider a matte black hood with GWE stripes over the scoop. Sample of this paint scheme on my DY Challenger:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
^^^^^
I like that alot! Going flat black on the whole hood looks like the car is not finished to me. If it went down to the nose (like above) it would look better.
Just by painting a hood, looks like it was taken off another car.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes, a big thumbs up on your DY GA! :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GA, that does look AWESOME on yours. Not sure how the GWE would look over the black like that, but the DY sure stands out

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If you are going T/A hood it's gotta be ALL BLACK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts