1,026 Posts
I have the factory ones, WOULD also like to find bigger like these:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,026 Posts
How are these installed?
UNI fit, Drill to fit
want plug and play for a Challenger. My mopar ones STILL had to be drilled to installed

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UNI fit, Drill to fit
want plug and play for a Challenger. My mopar ones STILL had to be drilled to installed
One would think the best rock guards would be sold by MOPAR that's if they are available.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,026 Posts
One would think the best rock guards would be sold by MOPAR that's if they are available.
IMOP, Mopar one are too small for my state of roads mostly DIRT.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Your Scat Pack WB needs max protection, or your flares are going to get rock chipped like mad. I added PPF (Paint Protection Film) to the front of both the front and rear flares, and installed the ZL1 Addons Rock Guards and Side Skirts. Rock Guards are easy to install if you remove the wheels, 1 screw goes into the fender liner support at the bottom. Side Skirts are easy to install if you have a lift. We have a local place that lets you rent a stall with lift for $25 an hour. Gearhead Garage it's called.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your Scat Pack WB needs max protection, or your flares are going to get rock chipped like mad. I added PPF to the front of both the front and rear flares, and installed the ZL1 Addons Rock Guards and Side Skirts. Rock Guards are easy to install if you remove the wheels, 1 screw goes into the fender liner support at the bottom. Side Skirts are easy to install if you have a lift. We have a local place that lets you rent a stall with life for $25 an hour. Gearhead Garage it's called.
View attachment 1015357

View attachment 1015360
What is PPF? Is it like Expel covering?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,580 Posts
Ask Trimec , deano379 , and Drag City (not to be confused with DRAG CITY...inside joke :)) what they think of the Swaim

A Guy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
338 Posts
Is it the ZL-1 rock guards the best?

I tried to order Mopar Rock Guards for my on order Scat WB. I was told by the on line parts guy that Mopar doesn't have them for the WB yet. ZL-1 makes a model specifically for the WB and they recommended those so that's what I ordered. They are described as a "no drill" installation and is supposed to fit existing holes.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
I tried to order Mopar Rock Guards for my on order Scat WB. I was told by the on line parts guy that Mopar doesn't have them for the WB yet. ZL-1 makes a model specifically for the WB and they recommended those so that's what I ordered. They are described as a "no drill" installation and is supposed to fit existing holes.
There are no holes, they use clips to hold them on, and one screw at the bottom. They provide you with 2 sets of clips, plus a few extras, in 2 different sizes. It seems the flares have varying material thicknesses, even on the same car sometimes. I found them very easy to install, with just the rears needing to come off to install the screw at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let us know once you have guards on if you are happy with them.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Wish some one made Rock Guards for the Challengers with the script Challenger Logo in matching Color to the Factory Colors....
Maybe buy some stickers and slap them on there prior to installation?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts