Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 srt8 challenger needs a new motor sooo... I refuse to get a used motor and a new motor is hella expensive so I think ima get a stroker motor ... Not Tryna spend no more then 8k so is my price realistic ( not including install) and what stroke motor is the best and brand . All input would really help ... Anything etc

·
Registered
2015 SRT
1,261 Posts
My 2010 srt8 challenger needs a new motor sooo... I refuse to get a used motor and a new motor is hella expensive so I think ima get a stroker motor ... Not Tryna spend no more then 8k so is my price realistic ( not including install) and what stroke motor is the best and brand . All input would really help ... Anything etc
A Bram Stoker motor would be awesome. Har Har

Sorry. I had a geek moment. Someone here can help you out I'm sure. Bump

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I wish I could speak to these modern engines but the last motor I rebuilt was my 1970 block 440. I did my 440 with a 512 stroker kit, ARP bolts, seals, and my machine shop reworked my heads. I was all in for around 3K.

You could get your block cleaned and deck for around a grand, then replace your rotating assembly yourself. Should be able to do it for 5K, I would think. I admit that I really don't know.

Complete HEMI Rotating Assemblies - shopHEMI.com

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Check with Modern Muscle Performance or HHP. I think MMP has a new 392 replacement for $7500-&8K complete, less install. They are a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
323 Posts

HHP/BES forged short block is really built tuff.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Get the biggest cubic inch you can.
HHP, Modern Muscle, Arrington are you best bets stay with a proven shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts