Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming that all the different Strut braces are somewhat comparable, which one looks the best on a 392 engine bay??

Let me know what you think

Mopar, Lakewood, Petty .................

·
Registered
3,504 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
Would you want looks or performance? Personally I like the looks of ours and I also believe performance wise ours is top notch.

All of the other braces require you to bolt into the stock cross brace (where you have to drill into that brace) or it only has connection to the strut towers. While our bar has four physical connections to the body and is all welded together. No drilling, cutting or anything like that.

Less movement the better - and when you are either adding extra parts or just straight bolting into a light steel brace it will not be as strong as one bar!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strut Brace

I think I have narrowed it down to the Arrington or the Drake. While the speedlogix one looks good $500 color matched is a little pricey considering the ( Billet ) Arrington or Drake.

As I mentioned looks are first considering that they all would be relatively close performance wise.

I am leaning to the Drake but the style of the Arrington has me hooked.

I assume both fit 2014 392 ??

Arrington shows 2012 392

Drake only says "Dodge Challenger: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (5.7L), 2012 (5.7L)"

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
you will be fine with the arrington.. I really like the drake.. but one thing about it and one reason why i never went that route is the quick pins that connect to each side of the mounts, while making it easy to take the center section out.. i can't see having much RIGIDITY to it with pins that allow movement. So i went with the arrington.

chris

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yes, they fit the 2014's

I got one for my 2014 SRT Core Challenger and it fit! Real nice unit. MOVEMENT? Really? So then Dodge folks would built one of the "Baddest" modern muscle cars AND without a strut brace so we/you try and make it a bit better by installing a brace and you think that MOVEMENT due to the pins (that actually fit real snug) are going to make that much of a difference, Please...... what are you building it for NASCAR? Come on dude......................You have to be a rookie hot rodder...............

David

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
yep rookie for sure.

it is alum.. probably 6061. not 7075 and if it don't have hardened steel inserts in it they will ware out over time.

sorry to have made a comment on the brace.. i will keep my mouth shut, specially since i am a ROOKIE. i am gonna go back to the garage now.

have a good day

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
performance wise ...... those pins make the drake week in comparison .... not saying it doesn't work .... but definitely not as rigid .. no doubt about it .... I agree we are not all making a race car but rigid is rigid and not as rigid well ... is not as rigid ... that's all US1 was saying ..... the best part about other companies making them is we all get to be a lil different rite .... to each his own

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will admit...I am the rookie...I know very little about this stuff and that is why I look to you guys for input.

I am not building a rocket ship, but I plan on putting a few mods brace, catch can and lines, functional Shaker....more for appearance and if there are performance benefits than great.

This is my second challenger and I went with the SRT for the power and the extra goodies they offer over the RT, In my opinion these cars should come from the factory with the Brace. But that is another story.

Now having said that the Arrington would also be "Less Rigid" with the mount plates on the bolted swivel...right ?

performance wise ...... those pins make the drake week in comparison .... not saying it doesn't work .... but definitely not as rigid .. no doubt about it .... I agree we are not all making a race car but rigid is rigid and not as rigid well ... is not as rigid ... that's all US1 was saying ..... the best part about other companies making them is we all get to be a lil different rite .... to each his own

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
Drake is a good unit. The one thing I notice about it is how many pieces are between the back of the brace and the stock cross brace.

Drake is definitely a nice looking piece. But with all the extra parts in it - it is probably not the strongest in the performance category.

As far as the paint match goes on our brace - the shop that paints these bars for us is a body shop, it is not done in house and they charge us rack rates to paint them. Now, we can get them bare if you wanted to paint match and you can get them cheaper painted. Personally - since not much of our brace is shown I like the Black wrinkle as it blends in nicely :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What can I get an front brace and rear brace for my rallye redline speedlogix? It's my birthday and I wanna treat myself.

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
David Chacon .... I think your the one with the translucent red Drake bar correct .... post a pic he will like it ..... that red took the Drake to another level ... just saying

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I like the Mopar strut brace as well: looks sharp and beefy, it's easy to install and improves handling tremendously.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts