Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all how's it going. So I'm at the point where I'm kinda capped out on performance mods. I have decided to super charger the car. The question is now which blower setup to go with. My car is 2015 5.7L 6 spd. I have heard good things about the pro charger setup for the manual cars and whipple for auto. Some input and actual real life testimony would be great.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
Before I decided to go Scat Pack instead, I was seriously looking at the E-Force from Edelbrock. Mainly based on how complete/integrated it looks. Seems like something the factory would actually put on to me, and performance wise, they all would have been plenty for me. If I had an older car that didn't require all the unlocking the PCM BS, I might have gone for it. (This would have been on my 2015 Charger R/T R&T)

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
lots and lots of info on CT, would recommend doing some searches

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I am not currently blown, but I've done a little research on the topic, and as to which kind is best, it seems to me that all depends on your definition of 'best'.

If you're looking for the quickest, easiest installation/integration, Pro Charger is probably the best one. The onslaught of HP/TQ they provide isn't as immediate when going WOT at low RPM or idle though. It takes a second for it to really kick you in the seat of the pants.

The Whipple type would be on the opposite end of that. More immediate in its delivery of extra power, but more work to install and get integrated successfully/correctly.

Hit up @ChallyTatum for some info on the Whipple type. I know he's got one on his R/T and did it all pretty much DIY I believe, so he could speak to what it takes to install that type and what you get back for your efforts and expenditures.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
Actually I am running a Magnuson but like a Whipple the assembly sits directly on the heads. Both are PD superchargers so their installations are for the most part similar. What you have to remember is on PD superchargers boost is pretty much instant, but on Centri type (procharger) boost comes on more linear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually I am running a Magnuson but like a Whipple the assembly sits directly on the heads. Both are PD superchargers so their installations are for the most part similar. What you have to remember is on PD superchargers boost is pretty much instant, but on Centri type (procharger) boost comes on more linear.
So I have been looking at adding a Magnuson supercharger onto my car, but I have a shaker. From my understanding they make an assembly or bracket that would make that work. I know you do not have a shaker but do you know anything more about it?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
That's what I just said...maybe not quite as succinct or as technically accurate as you did, but effectively the same nonetheless!

If I didn't know any better @ChallyTatum, I'd swear you teleported into my mind, stole the words I was going to use, teleported back out, and then waited for me reply with all the wrong words so you could swoop in and reply with the correct words...my words.

But that cannot be the case because we agreed you would NOT do that anymore, didn't we?!? I don't like you digging around in my head, it leaves me all confused and disoriented!! And I'm still waiting on you to explain what happened in to me in 2013...that was an important year, I need to know what all you made me do!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
So I have been looking at adding a Magnuson supercharger onto my car, but I have a shaker. From my understanding they make an assembly or bracket that would make that work. I know you do not have a shaker but do you know anything more about it?
Sorry, I don't know the full details of bracket for the shakers but as Luke from Steve White has shown, they have made the shaker work with the magnuson. In fact, he posted some pics of a SC shaker in a different thread recently..see link below.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
If I didn't know any better @ChallyTatum, I'd swear you teleported into my mind, stole the words I was going to use, teleported back out, and then waited for me reply with all the wrong words so you could swoop in and reply with the correct words...my words.
Oops my bad...cerebro has been acting up again. Hasn't been running right since my wife used the toaster and microwave at the same time while I was on it...darn fuse popped. It took me an hour to figure out that the voices I was hearing were my own...just when I thought..."oh snap, the world is full of sickos."

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I know it's not exactly the same but I have an 09 SRT8, 6 spd and I recently installed the pro charger D1SC set up with 9lbs. Gave me 584HP at 522Lb/Ft at the rear wheels. I went this way knowing that the boost has to develop which would keep it tame like in city driving until I kick it in the ass which is where I want it anyway. I do a lot of road course and twisty mountain road driving so this is a great set up for me.

HHP installed and dyno tuned it for me and there were a couple minor things but after I addressed them, I couldn't be happier with it. This thing is Bad A** nopw. It's not a Hellcat and I know that but with all of my suspension and other mods, this thing is just plain fun to drive. I have no regrets.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
The Centi type superchargers like procharger also have the benefit of being able to run a boost controller and air-to-air intercooler which does a better job removing heat from the incoming aircharge. Also boost at PT is not as much of a problem as it is for PD type (whipple, maggie) superchargers.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
PT?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Maybe Part Throttle...
Part throttle? As in a part, not the whole thing? So anything less than Wide Open Throttle I guess...okay, I'll buy that.

Although, for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to operate their vehicle at anything other than WOT, but whatever. I'm already on record as preferring my throttle to be in the same configuration as my women's' butts - wide and open!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
Most SC tunes, especially the base tune from Magnuson, leave NN on (PCM controls PT fuel mixture which it does so by targeting stoich 14.5). Problem is, you don't want to be commanding stoich when boost kicks in. PD superchargers can generate significant boost at PT which can result in knock. The trick with NN tuning is to adjust injector pulse width/fuel mass and when WOT power enrichment kicks in. Basically you want to make sure more fuel is delivered just before boost kicks in. There is more to but the main point is Centri type superchargers don't develop as much boost in the lower rpms as the PDs do.

·
Registered
Challenger
13 Posts
Hey all how's it going. So I'm at the point where I'm kinda capped out on performance mods. I have decided to super charger the car. The question is now which blower setup to go with. My car is 2015 5.7L 6 spd. I have heard good things about the pro charger setup for the manual cars and whipple for auto. Some input and actual real life testimony would be great.
Thanks in advance
I installed a maggie myself not too long ago. It's an easy install for 500hp+ and for 6k. My only gripe is that it's sooo quiet.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts