Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,322 Posts
Yup. As for tunes I have been doing them myself but plan to take it in for a dyno tune in the spring. I tell you the 6.2 cam definitely woke the motor up...and a very inexpensive upgrade, just time consuming.

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
fuel pump on back order, you can use a boost pump which i hate, we can sell you a pulley, we do not do any remote tuning
Luke

ps sorry

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
we have a few pumps in stock that we have set aside for incoming builds

·
Registered
Challenger
13 Posts
fuel pump on back order, you can use a boost pump which i hate, we can sell you a pulley, we do not do any remote tuning
Luke

ps sorry
The tune that comes with the upgraded kit is not an option? I don't have any other components other than the TVS2300, hellcat headlight tube and and cat-back flowmaster exhaust.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,322 Posts
You really want a tune that is specific to the way your engine runs. The base tunes are not optimized and are only meant as a starting point. I think most email tuners require wideband sensor(s) to be installed on supercharged applications.

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
temporarily until our performance pump is available, you can do a Fore Innovation pump,

by the time you assemble all needed pieces approx 800.00

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,605 Posts
So I have been looking at adding a Magnuson supercharger onto my car, but I have a shaker. From my understanding they make an assembly or bracket that would make that work. I know you do not have a shaker but do you know anything more about it?
I think I do...

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
The tune that comes with the upgraded kit is not an option? I don't have any other components other than the TVS2300, hellcat headlight tube and and cat-back flowmaster exhaust.
there is no tune, custom tune only

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,605 Posts
Reactions: stevewhite

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
Luke that bracket only works for the Magnuson SC and not whipple or KB, correct?
correct Magnuson only, also the Whipple and KB produce a lot of heat, the Kb so much heat in fact nothing can be close to it under the hood, and would never recommend them for any form of road racing

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
to be clear, we do not offer any custom tuning remotely, simply too many variations and factor for things to go wrong.....the 5.7 6 psi kit from Magnuson comes with Magnuson tuning which generally is very conservative....

any tuner kits we sell will require local tuning, if we install here we can also tune.....

in more then 9 years we have been doing this we have never loss an engine except for all out race motors in race cars

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
132 Posts
you're driving at low rpm:). try 5k and above every gear if you have manual and Maggie starts singing loud and that when i found out Maggie likes it rough! :)

I installed a maggie myself not too long ago. It's an easy install for 500hp+ and for 6k. My only gripe is that it's sooo quiet.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,322 Posts
That is true, the maggie does whine a little (not as loud as the whipple/KB though) when I let the right foot down or when the engine load increases like going up a hill or flooring it on the highway. Problem is, when you floor it the rear tires just spin and the engine is not loaded as much as it bounces off the rev limiter...hence the whine is not that loud at that point.

BTW if you have the restricter still installed on the bypass the whine will be less noticeable as it gradually applies boost. Take the restricter out and make sure the air tables are tuned so you don't get throttle oscillations at gradual throttle ramp and it should whine more. At least that is what I noticed.

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
pushed to you tube, ct hates fb videos

21 - 40 of 61 Posts