Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello:
I have a 2016 SRT 392, which came with Pirelli P Zero Nero 275/40/20 tires, with 16500 miles; not quite to the wear bars, but real close. I’ve been looking for new tires as I guess I might have about 2,000 miles left, maybe. I live in the rural parts of my state so you can drive pretty fast even going to the local Wal-Mart and there’s one curve I like to take in the 50’s so that’s kind of the driving style my area allows, fun. I’ve narrowed my search to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. I’m pretty sure that out of apopulation of some 327 million, US alone, there are at least some SRT/HELLCAT Challenger owners that have one or the other of these tires on their car; I’m asking what are your thoughts/experiences/ would you ever buy again, etc. with them.
Thank You

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
I just ordered the continental extreme contact DWS-06 tires for my 2018 SRT.Highly rated at tirerack.com I will post in the future how they well hold up..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was shopping 3 weeks ago and I wanted the Firestones, but they weren't available until July. I went with BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2's. Love 'em so far!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
276 Posts
I've had a set 275/40 Firestone Indy's put on in February 2017. So far they're holding up very well - much better than the stock Goodyears.

I got a little over 30K out of the GY tires and they were trashed and the tread was gone. No traction when dry and if it was raining forget about it. With the Firestones I'm nearing 20K miles and I'm close to 1/2 of the tread life. Honestly, these tires may be lasting a little longer since I've improved my launches since getting my car 50K miles ago so I'm not using so much rubber.

Moving from the spent GY Eagle's to the Firestones was an immediate improvement, of course, but I've always felt like the Indy's hook a little better. No problems with them in the past year and they seem to be wearing well with rotations. In addition, in my experiences, the service at the Firestone shops has been stellar for me and when I go in for rotation I usually end up talking cars & challengers with the mechanics.

I recommend the Indy 500's and they WILL be my next set in another 20-25K.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't think they are in the same league price wise. I have the Firestones on my Hellcat and no real complaints. I'm sure the Michelins are better in just about every way, but for the price difference the trade off is worth it to many.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had a set 275/40 Firestone Indy's put on in February 2017. So far they're holding up very well - much better than the stock Goodyears.

I got a little over 30K out of the GY tires and they were trashed and the tread was gone. No traction when dry and if it was raining forget about it. With the Firestones I'm nearing 20K miles and I'm close to 1/2 of the tread life. Honestly, these tires may be lasting a little longer since I've improved my launches since getting my car 50K miles ago so I'm not using so much rubber.

Moving from the spent GY Eagle's to the Firestones was an immediate improvement, of course, but I've always felt like the Indy's hook a little better. No problems with them in the past year and they seem to be wearing well with rotations. In addition, in my experiences, the service at the Firestone shops has been stellar for me and when I go in for rotation I usually end up talking cars & challengers with the mechanics.

I recommend the Indy 500's and they WILL be my next set in another 20-25K.

X 2 on the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.
Installed them a month ago on my 2010 Challenger SRT8 and am extremely satisfied with these tires.
Highly recommended for their price range ! :deal:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts