Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a follow up to my prior tread, I am going to be spraying 100 - 125 shot to my R/T and am totally confused on the tuners; looking at Diablo and HP tuner. Diablo has a few different options, and I am guessing HP does as well. I won't be using a canned tune btw. What are the differences on my options? It's a daily driver if it makes a difference.

Also, I didn't think I could buy used but I've seen some people purchasing their tuner used. I am guessing there is an extra cost when buying used to have either Tuner company clean / erase the prior owner's set up? No clue.

EDIT - I don't plan on doing any of my own tuning; leaving that to the shop.

tks

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,180 Posts
HP tuner has way more capability than a handheld diablo for the DIY'er but it also has a steeper learning curve. The new HP tuner module also has bluetooth capability.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just a heads up:

If you do not have a stock tune, and you are thinking about the Trinity 2, you will not be able to do any tune modifications until someone with the CMR software force-writes a stock tune back in.
Depending on whether or not you want to be able to tweak your own tune, and how much, you have different hardware and software options.

HPTuners pro is under a grand, let’s you take it to someone else or DIY. Also means email tunes work out of the box.

Diablo is under a grand, but doesn’t include CMR software ($5000). You can tweak some stuff, but a full on tune needs to be done by someone with CMR.

If it were mine to do over, I would log and tune with the HPTuners module, and get a Trinity 2 MX for the display and additional logging if desired.

Cheers,

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts