Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've seen a bunch of posts like this, asking for peoples' opinions when it comes to choosing between two different Challengers, so I thought I would start my own.

I'll give you the choices first, then you can decide if you are interested enough to read the rest of this long post:

2014 White with red stripes Classic--$37,649 (new)
2014 High Octane Red 100th Anniversary Edition--$32,499 (dealer has 3 of these) (new)
2014 Black 100th Anniversary Edition--$32,499 (new)
2014 HO RT Classic, white stripes--$29,900 (used, only 519 miles, clean car fax report)

Interested? Then here is everything to consider:

Hopefully, I am going to get myself another Challenger, after financial issues made me sell my DWB 2010 RTC a couple of years ago. That car was an auto. I'd like to try a 6M now and see if I like it. My plan is to buy a Challenger now, but then trade it in in 2016 for one that includes all the updates of the refresh, deciding on the transmission choice after driving both.

So, the car I will buy now is not meant to be a keeper and therefore doesn't have to be a perfect match regarding color and options. I just want an R/T 6M, plus various other mostly convenience options. The Anniversary and Classic packages include all of those options. Hence, all of these cars would work for me.

Note that the prices are just what's on cars.com. I'm sure I could negotiate the White Classic down. Not sure if that one includes the current $2000 rebate.

The four 100th anniversary editions are all at the same dealer. That's their internet price for them. I think $32.5k is a pretty darn good price for one of those. Am I right?

The last one--a barely used HO Classic--is a steal at that price IMO. However, I'm actually not a fan of HO (plus, in my area the state DOT vehicles are painted HO, so its not a "rare" color at all LOL). I wouldn't even consider it except for the low price. I think I could almost buy it, and then sell/trade it in after 2 years and get the exact same amount back for it.

Okay, after all of that, for my plan of buy, drive for 2 years, then trade in, which would you pick and why?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I realize this thread is a lot like another one (includes the same used 2014 HO RTC in fact). However, that poster was trying to decide on buying a 2014 or waiting for 2015. I'm trying to choose between 4 or 5 2014s.

Just wanted to make that clear. I do read other threads...:icon_wink:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would go for one of the 100th Challengers to be honest. Exclusive and unique! I am pretty sure you will be able to negotiate a better deal too since it's the internet price as you mentioned. Good luck and please let us know what you decide at the end. Remember, pictures are a must!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
None of them...

Alright, I've seen a bunch of posts like this, asking for peoples' opinions when it comes to choosing between two different Challengers, so I thought I would start my own.

I'll give you the choices first, then you can decide if you are interested enough to read the rest of this long post:

2014 White with red stripes Classic--$37,649 (new)
2014 High Octane Red 100th Anniversary Edition--$32,499 (dealer has 3 of these) (new)
2014 Black 100th Anniversary Edition--$32,499 (new)
2014 HO RT Classic, white stripes--$29,900 (used, only 519 miles, clean car fax report)

If you are able to spend $37K for a 5.7...than you can afford leftover CORE's and slightly used SRT's.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Buy the one you like asking opinions is well just that everyone has there own preference. As to my preference owning a 100th Anniversary I'd go that route the interior finish is a step up. Especially at the price there quoting though they sound like the basic version with no radio/STP upgrades. I would personaly avoid the Core the interior is just basic and I think a large part of the reason so few sold and why they are removing them from the line up. If you didn't mind used you can find a few year old SRT8 for around 30 maybe less if your lucky.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
The Anniversary in red is gonna be the most unique...that color is only offered on the Anniversary..

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
While I am biased since I own a 100th Anniversary car. I say get the High Octane 100th Anniversary car!

-Kenny

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree with c26...get a used SRT for that prices range. You'll be happier.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Why are you asking what you should buy. What color , model , options do you want. Its your money , buy what makes you happy.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
If you had the automatic and are considering a manual and it's only a 2 year plan to ultimately trade up...the only advise is pick the one that's a manual whatever the color so then in 2 years you will know if you should get another auto or manual. By the way mine is a manual and I wouldn't have it any other way!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I appreciate them. Happy to hear more, too.

My goal for asking was to get your opinions, which most of you gave me. Thanks. The decision is mine, of course, to make.

I'll let you know which I get and for how much. Half the fun is the negotiating!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts