Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wrapping up the email tune on my whipple install and now I'm looking at water/methanol injection mostly as a safety net. I do not plan on tuning for it at this time. I mostly want it to help get IAT down while in boost. I have found many brands for a variety of prices just wondering if anyone has experience with a whipple and methanol on a hemi.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm running a Kenne Bell with Snow stage 3 not a whipple but still a PD blower. Seems to work well, I havent had a ton of miles on the combo yet.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you run washer fluid or 50/50? Also, are you running a separate reservoir?

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
I believe pro meth is making a system for the whipple. I have snow performance 3 on my Maggie not tuned for it, it works great I have it before throttle body.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you run washer fluid or 50/50? Also, are you running a separate reservoir?

50/50 Boost Juice. I converted the washer reservoir to feed the pump

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just received my snow performance stage 2 kit and plan on installing it within the next few weeks. I plan on running the tank and pump to the trunk and run the line up front. gonna use a reducer 3/8" to 1/8" reducer and inject into the whipples intake manifold spare 3/8" port that is not used. not planning on tuning for it. just want some safety with the pump gas, the cooling of the intake charge will be nice too.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like Snow's controller, but not sure about the nylon tubing and push fittings.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What are the chances of getting even cylinder distribution?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a stage2 to install on my '10 srt w/Procharger D1, but have been trying to figure out where to install the nozzle. Snow sells a TB plate, but for the 5.7 and they also have a bung that can be installed in plastic tubing. Not tuning for it, so install after the IAT sensor?

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think that the rotors would do a good job mixing the charge. I'm tempted to wait until I get some bolt on adapter, rather than drilling the supercharger inlet itself.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Since this hasn't been discussed. Injecting Methanol prior to the screws on a twin screw is going to abrade the
teflon coating on the screws and that coating is there because the mesh is very tight on the screws. I've
confirmed with Magnusson that they don't recommend this and I'm sure Wipple has the same stance.

If you inject after the screws you would be ok.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was planning on waiting until after a bolt-in adapter is made rather than drill and tap the whipple inlet. I've heard that whipple is ok with pre-supercharger injection. Apparently it will degrade the coating but will not degrade the rotor performance.

·
Registered
14 Challenger Classic
29 Posts
I'm very curious to what toxic said. I have a Magnuson, and would like to get a snow kit, but
How in the world would you spray it after the supercharger ?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I'm very curious to what toxic said. I have a Magnuson, and would like to get a snow kit, but
How in the world would you spray it after the supercharger ?
Well I can tell you that I talked to Magnusson and they flat out said NO.... Water/Meth sprayed before the rotors
will peel the teflon powder coat off the rotor lobes and you will increase the tolerance between the lobes and you
WILL lose boost pressure (1 to 2 PSI).

The only way to do it without impacting the rotor finish would be to have a fogging system that injects into the
lower blower manifold. And at that point, it wouldn't have much time to cool the intake charge. I'm just going the
Killer Chiller route myself.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My 2 cents is dont waste your time or money with meth on stock bottom ends running 6lbs of boost
What about built motors running 12lbs?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Well I can tell you that I talked to Magnusson and they flat out said NO.... Water/Meth sprayed before the rotors
will peel the teflon powder coat off the rotor lobes and you will increase the tolerance between the lobes and you
WILL lose boost pressure (1 to 2 PSI).

The only way to do it without impacting the rotor finish would be to have a fogging system that injects into the
lower blower manifold. And at that point, it wouldn't have much time to cool the intake charge. I'm just going the
Killer Chiller route myself.

@Toxic11 interested in your feed back on the KC route.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts