Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Scat, MMX forged long block, Whipple STG 2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity and just for my knowledge, when a tune is performed for a SC is the tune performed for each of the different modes? In my case I have a Scat so normal and sport mode. I have a Tazer installed but is currently unmarried for the Whipple install and HP tune. If I was to marry the Tazer back to the car, does that screw up my tune or just move my shift point higher in the RPM range per mode?

I'm sure some of you are getting a kick out of this question, but I don't know.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,299 Posts
The different modes will only change your shift points. They shouldn't have any effect on the tune

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Scat, MMX forged long block, Whipple STG 2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The different modes will only change your shift points. They shouldn't have any effect on the tune
Thanks for the response JD40. I'm purchasing a HP Tuner to record and review my TCM tune. Somewhere in the TCM tune, I should be able to dial in the shift points, A8 up shifts and down shifts, to adjust my Scat for my driving characteristics with the Whipple. I'm more interested in the downshifts during daily driving, trying to keep the RPMs a little higher to smooth out the SC.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,318 Posts
Just to note it does change the TB config for throttle response as well.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts