Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to SHR Whipples are Available! They will be tuner kits only.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i just talked to a MIKE. this is for the 6.1 car.. he said the complete kit will be another 3 months on top of that. this kit is no injectors. tuner or fuel pump.

chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
Really? They drag their feet for.........ever and then this. I wanted a Whipple for so long, now am going with Magnuson.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Really? They drag their feet for.........ever and then this. I wanted a Whipple for so long, now am going with Magnuson.
Yea, Two years ago, They told me,,, 6 weeks it will be ready. LOL LOL Waited waited,
I got a Vortech.
Pulling the trigger on a Vortech YSI head unit that will make serious steam.\
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
You will love the Magnuson. I have it on my 392 and it is really powerful, responsive, feels like a new engine, and I am only running 6lbs of boost! Add Zoomers exhaust to help complete the feel. You will not believe how great Zoomers sound. My car now sounds and feels like a highly modified Mopar from back in the late 60's... Incredible! The thing that sucks is I have to put it away now for the winter... :mecry:

·
Registered
214 Posts
You will love the Magnuson. I have it on my 392 and it is really powerful, responsive, feels like a new engine, and I am only running 6lbs of boost! Add Zoomers exhaust to help complete the feel. You will not believe how great Zoomers sound. My car now sounds and feels like a highly modified Mopar from back in the late 60's... Incredible! The thing that sucks is I have to put it away now for the winter... :mecry:
No doubt, I ran a Maggie on my last GTO, never had an issue and tons of power. Something about the Whipple tho, plus the intercooler looks like a better design to me. Shame.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I guess we'll see how they do but I'm thinking the Whipple will have nothing on the KB... the 3x5 rotors and jackshaft are a disadvantage compared to 4x6 rotors and no jackshaft.

Plus the jackshaft housing on Whipple limits your fuel injector choices because the fuel rail can't be spaced up; you need shorty injectors.

Idk... I don't think this kit was Whipples finest hour.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Whipples have been available for a LONG time. YellaTerra had a full kit for LX's and Arrington has offered custom installs. Many people run them.

I've not seen first hand results from this particular kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not seen anyone on this forum talk about a whipple and was not sure if they were available for the 2009 Challenger yet. All I have seen is talk over last 2 years how they were "weeks away from having a kit ready"

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
They are on Arrington's site now as ready to go, but you have to call for pricing. They never returned my call, maybe someone else will have better luck.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I never understood the lack of marketing. I think Arrington coulda cashed in if more people just knew they were available... but you had to call to get info.

Now that a kit is available direct from Whipple, everybody and their brother are selling them (or will be).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Waddya know, there is a thread in the vendor section. Cut and paste...

The pricing for the kits are as follows:

• Tuners Kits are $6850
  • Completes Kits $7450 for black, add $500 for Polished, or add $600 for HEMI Orange.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Only tuner kits are shipping. The only advantage over a KB PD blower are:

1. Bigger displacement; 2.9L vs 2.8L.
2. *Possibly* cooler temps; Whipple is touting a bigger intercooler but I'll wait to see till someone measures one or posts IATs.

Honestly, Whipple makes a great blower but this won't make more power than a 2.8 KB because of the less efficient 3x5 rotors, smaller inlet, and jackshaft. Plus the fuel rail location\restriction require shorty injectors. With pricing the way it is right now, the KB is better and cheaper.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
I am extremely pleased with my KB. I was also was waiting forever for Whipple to come thru on the manifold lots of promises a few years ago.

·
Banned
82 Posts
^^^ +1

If positive displacement blower is what you want, KB is still the one to beat. VERY well designed in all regards IMO. Rugged as hell; you can't break one unless you never change the oil.

I can actually get better gas mileage after the KB install if I stay out of boost.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
^^^ +1

If positive displacement blower is what you want, KB is still the one to beat. VERY well designed in all regards IMO. Rugged as hell; you can't break one unless you never change the oil.

I can actually get better gas mileage after the KB install if I stay out of boost.
You sound like a fanboy, LOL

KB FTW

·
Banned
82 Posts
Lol... god forbid. After only 2,000 miles of mine on the car I can't help share my enthusiasm.

However if it were a pile of junk I would surely acknowledge that too, and I think that differentiates me from a fanboy :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts