Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Whipple yesterday and they said there 2.9 supercharger kit for the 5.7 and 6.1 should be available in about 60 days and that it will add about 175 HP @ 10 pounds of boost to a stock motor.Will retail about $7,000 includes everything needed for installation.They have also posted this on there Facebook page if you want to check it out.Cant wait for mine.:fight:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ten pounds of boost on a stock motor? That seems a little excessive when most companies are only running 6-8 with their kits. Does anyone think that is safe? I know the tune is really what matters but seems like asking for trouble running with that setup stock.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Ten pounds of boost on a stock motor? That seems a little excessive when most companies are only running 6-8 with their kits. Does anyone think that is safe? I know the tune is really what matters but seems like asking for trouble running with that setup stock.
I wouldn't put 10lbs on a stock motor.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The inlet is going to be a problem if you plan to run alot of boost. It will be fine for a stock setup, but a built engine will get restricted just like the Techno and SMS blowers are.

Whipple knows this from the Mustang stuff, I wonder why they are doing it this way instead of the large rear inlet they normally use.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts

Low Life runs 18 psi 800 rwhp with a Kenne Bell ask Tim at Mr. Norms or Spanking Times in So Cal. They will do that with a stock fuel pump. The motor also had 50K miles on it also. It's all in the tune up!! You should have gotten a KB!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Low Life runs 18 psi 800 rwhp with a Kenne Bell ask Tim at Mr. Norms or Spanking Times in So Cal. They will do that with a stock fuel pump. The motor also had 50K miles on it also. It's all in the tune up!! You should have gotten a KB!!
I've never made 800rwhp on a stock fuel pump nor a stock engine. Just 580rwhp,but even that had twin pumps in it.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Tim is it possible or Snake Oil? Spanking Times swears it happen and done it twice. Please clear the air because it seems like that is impossible.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Tim is it possible or Snake Oil? Spanking Times swears it happen and done it twice. Please clear the air because it seems like that is impossible.
I don't know George. I haven't done it nor tried,I'm not that ballsy. I would never call someone a liar tho if I haven't done something. Just like me running [email protected] on 93 octane. Some don't think I did it on 93octane when I actually did.

So, I can't answer your question other than I haven't done it nor even tried. To risky for me to try,but I am getting old and don't like taking to many risk.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts