Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 392. I installed a catch can several months ago and heard no whistle or anything, then with the Mopar CAI I was getting a whistle/vacuum leak sound under heavy part throttle. Can't hear it under very light throttle or full throttle.
I put the stock filter inlet system back on and still have the sound?
Then I put hose clamps on the hoses for the catch can with no fix.
So will the old trick spraying starting fluid on the connection points to see if the idle changes work?
Thanks again, Dave
 

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
Joined
·
1,899 Posts
I have a '12 392 with a Mopar CAI. It whistles when I shut it off but not during partial throttle. Odd that it does it with the stock box on though.
If it idles smooth and isn't popping a cel, I bet you're OK.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vacuum leak whistle

Thanks KJ392,
It actually runs great, it just bugs me. I'm going to really look at the catch can fittings/connections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,094 Posts
Had the same problem...........

In my case, I installed an aftermarket CAI had the same problem, I could hear a whistle sound come to find out that the probe that goes through a grommet was not "all the way in" once I figured that out, everything is as it should be! Check into that, just in case!

David
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whistle 95% gone

I never did get rid of the whistle, and since my last post I've installed the Mopar Shaker Kit, still had the whistle.
This weekend I vowed to find this noise which was pretty loud today very noticible.
I took off the catch can, put a new O ring in the IAT sensor, sprayed carb cleaner everywhere, nothing.
Last resort I put the stock intake/air cleaner system on (which I tried before) and it worked.
In my title I said 95% gone, the other 5 % is in my head! I hear crap all the time now!
Anyway, at least I know nothing is wrong, and it ran great, and idled like new anyway.
So I will put the catch can back on, and when I put the Mopar CAI for the Shaker back on and it whistles, I'll laugh about it!
Take care
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top