Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nicely done, you did a great job.

Without a doubt best Challenger interior yet, Kudos.
Wish Dodge offer interior options,
:smoker:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Now THAT is how you do a white interior! None of that half-assed crap that Dodge is currently doing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh. Wow! I dearly love a white interior, and that is just freakin' gorgeous!

As someone already mentioned, that's the way it shoulda come from the factory!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How did I miss this thread?

I'll add to the 100 other "beautiful" comments. It really is... looks great and very nicely done.

I'll also agree with those saying that I would never do it myself. I eat and drink in my car, have giant dogs that slobber on me before I get in my car... I can't imagine what it would look like after even a month of me driving it. :laugh:

Very cool though. Grats on the uniquely awesome car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
thats a great job,reminds me of the first challengers,they always looked fantastic with those white interiors.chrysler should do this again!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Beautiful job...

But, I have owned a car with a white interior and it is almost impossible to keep clean if you drive it.

I don't allow food or drinks in my cars except the one I tow behind the motorhome (97 Honda CRV with 175,00 miles on it).

·
Registered
534 Posts
plastic welded together to make a panel. All the plastic welds were ground down and the panels were all seperated and each peice was dyed and then welded back together.
QUOTE]

The door panels are a pain to disassemble for sure. I am wrapping the armrests in leather right now, what a pain! I had planned to screw everything back together, but would rather weld them. Do you mind me asking how you accomplished this?

Thanks!
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I know it's an old thread but that's absolutely beautiful. I love a white interior, so much cooler than the bland black or grey that is always pushed by all auto brands now adays.:sleep: I am in awe at your car.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
375 Posts
As others have said....Outstanding!!!!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Great job, I know what you had to go through. I got a deal on door panels and and a dash for the Vette I had. They were the wrong color, but I got them for next to nothing, so I had to dye them. When it was finished, it was worth the effort. Again great job!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
The interior was completly gutted done to air bags and sheet metal.
The panels not only cam out, but there are about 5 pcs that are plastic welded together to make a panel. All the plastic welds were ground down and the panels were all seperated and each peice was dyed and then welded back together.

Everything that was chaged to white was completly tore apart. Here are just a few pics of some of those items.

All and all I have around 2K in the whole thing, But, I did most of the work...
Absolutely stunning interior & craftsmanship... Elvis would be proud! :pimp:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What is this big piece? It probably isn't as big a it looks compared to the car in the background - perspective.

Oh, seat back, duh. Guess you never see it when it is dark slate and you never ride in the back seat. Oh, wait, did once when my brother drove it.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
very nice

My 71 'Cuda was Hemi Orange w/white interior...a pure all factory stock car...I sure miss it. I found it sitting in a garage in Oklahoma City w/54000 original miles. The couple had bought it new off the show room floor in late 71. It was a 340, automatic transmission car, w/cruise control. It still had the original spare in the trunk that had never hit the ground.

You did a great job ! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
OP you did a great job. I often wondered about how white would look. It to me make the car look sexy. Reminds me of my dads 71 convertable challenger, all white interior also.
My hats off to ya. Great craftsmanship.
FT

·
Registered
116 Posts
I HAVE to comment on this old thread. This is absolutely stunning!
I'm going to buy white Katzkin's for my Toxic Orange with white stripes so I was looking for pics and found this.
Oh My God!
I think my wife would go NUTS (in a good way) If I could do this...but I can't.
I wish I hadn't seen this now. I'm going to feel so inadequate with just white leather seats, door inserts and center console cover.
Booyah! to you sir!

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
It's not just white.. It's sofa king white! :) Looks great!

101 - 120 of 157 Posts